TrailBlazer 2002-2009
2023- The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

Fan Clutch Assembly replaced but makes fan roaring noise

Search this Thread

Old January 20th, 2018, 7:16 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fan Clutch Assembly replaced but makes fan roaring noise

2002 Trailblazer LS 4.2L

I had my radiator split open and was repaired by my regular mechanic. He replaced the radiator but to do so he had to remove the fan clutch assembly but it would not turn so he had to force it. Because of this I needed a new fan clutch assembly in addition to my radiator. I picked it my Trailblazer today. I left went maybe 5 miles to a Mcdonalds turned it off went in picked up the food. Started fine when I pulled out onto the road the fan roared then again once the gear changed again roared. I drove back to the shop but my mechanic left they called him he said it's a new fan clutch assembly and it will need time to adjust maybe a week or so. He also said something about the tempurature could cause it to do that? I am not a mechanic but that sounded wrong. I didn't want to drive it but he said it will be fine. It roared all the way home. When I lookedfan up this problem all I could fine was the fan clutch assembly is going bad. Can you tell me if what he said is true? I asked him also if this is what cause my radiator to blow he said no.