TrailBlazer 2002-2009
2023- The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

Need Help Replacing the Bose Stereo

Search this Thread

Old March 7th, 2009, 7:32 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help Replacing the Bose Stereo

I recently purchsed a 2008 Trailblazer w/ Onstar. My only complaint so far is that the bose factory system is a bit weak. I would love to replace the entire system, (new speakers, amps and head unit), however I'm apprehensive due to the fact that I dont want to lose my Onstar or the alerts that run through the existing system. Can anyone explain to me how the existing system is put together. My understanding so far is that all of the vehicle accessories now get mixed through the amp and not the head unit. So is replacing the bose amp out of the question when trying to maintain the current functionality? Can these factory options, (Onstar, etc...) be rerouted through another aftermarket amp with the appropriate adaptors and what adaptors would I be looking for. Any advice or recommendations would be GREATLY appreciated.
Old March 8th, 2009, 8:09 AM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

http://www.pac-audio.com/products/pr...rface#os-2bose

Part Number: OS-2Bose </SPAN>

OnStar® Interface for Class 2 vehicles with Bose® sound systems. The OS-2Bose uses a Data Link Controller chip (DLC) that is specifically designed for connecting to GM's Class 2 data bus.
• Safe & Sound Class 2 circuitry will not disable vehicle data bus even if interface loses power.
• OnStar® Volume control via factory steering wheel audio controls on selected vehicles*. Radio controls can be retained to control new radio by using a PAC SWI interface.
• Retains door chimes when used with optional CM1 chime module. Also retains Vehicle Parking Assist chimes.
• Works with Premium Bose® or Standard Bose® sound systems.
• New radio will operate with the vehicle RAP (Retained Accessory Power) system.