TrailBlazer 2002-2009
2023- The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

New twist on common question

Search this Thread

Old November 23rd, 2012, 4:23 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New twist on common question

Hey All, I'm new here and have been searching around about a light issue with my 08 Trailblazer. I have a minor lighting issue, I searched and found a multitude of models/years that have lights dimming. My issue is the opposite. When I go from a complete stop or even rolling real slow, my headlights and dash lights flicker brighter twice, then go back to normal. It happens at 15 MPH or less but it's consistent, every time from a stop sign, red light, making a turn, whatever. I called the dealer because it is a certified pre-owned and they seem to have never heard of this. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any and all help!
Old November 26th, 2012, 8:13 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> ac73,

I’m sorry you are experiencing this issue with your vehicle. This may be due to an electrical issue, possibly a connection issue. This is just a suggestion, not a diagnosis.

I recommend consulting with a certified technician for an official diagnosis. They will be able to offer more information after inspecting the vehicle.

Please keep us posted.

If you need assistance locating a technician in your area, please feel free to contact me privately.

Louis
GM Customer Service