Traverse Chevrolet's full size Crossover. Introduced in the model year 2009, the Traverse is a stylish and highly fuel efficient cross between a powerful SUV and a spacious minivan.

2014 Chevrolet Traverse
Platform: Lambda

2010 Traverse USB doesn't work

Search this Thread

Old May 31st, 2010, 6:54 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Traverse USB doesn't work

Hi,

I am new to the forum and was hoping someone migh be able to help or point me in the right direction. I have a 2010 Traverse 2LT, and was trying to connect my 3rd gen iPod Touch via the USB port. When I attempt to connect using my Apple USB cord (tried 2 different ones I know work) nothing happens on the iPod or the radio, no error message, nothing. Is this an issue with the radio? Is GM aware of this problem? Any help is appreciated!
Old June 2nd, 2010, 4:43 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I've checked through my resources and what I found is the the 1st and 2nd generations of Ipod Touch do work with our USB system but I was unable to find any information on the 3rd generation. From what I've found the 3rd generation Ipod Touch does not work with our USB system. I hope that helps you.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old June 7th, 2010, 2:38 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

like he said-- Ive read similar things--- some work- and some dont---
I recall seeing a post somewhere were they listed Versions of the devices that worked.
Old June 11th, 2010, 1:44 PM
CF Beginner

Default 3rd Gen iPod Touch

My 3rd Gen iPod Touch works fine through the USB port. You have AUX/USB selected as your source?
Old June 17th, 2010, 10:08 PM
CF Beginner

I had a 2010 silverado hybrid that played my ipod touch 3rd gen when it recognized it. I just bought a new 2010 avalanche ltz and the same problem with the ipod. sometimes it plays and then just like that no sound. But my brothers ipod 1st or 2nd gen not sure 80 gig plays just fine with out any problems. It sucks that you pay all this money for a new car and a new ipod and the usb doesn't even play the newest technology. Come on American company get with it or maybe it's apple not sure. Good luck.
Old October 13th, 2010, 9:53 PM
CF Senior Member

You are going to have to reset the itouch
Turn off and on all the way

Then2/3 gen works

You just need to figure it out. I get frustrated all the time.
Old October 15th, 2010, 1:33 AM
CF Beginner

NO, the Ipod Touch 3rd gen won't work with the 2010 Bose/Nav system. I've dealt with this for the last month now since we purchased our new vehicle. Count yourself as very lucky if your Ipod Touch Gen 2/3 works. I've tried two Ipod Touch 3rd gen and 1 Ipod Touch 2nd gen, with 3.1.3, 4.0.1 and 4.1 software and none will work longer then 5 minutes before the audio cuts out.

Then, if you try and reset the Ipod into the USB port, it'll work again for maybe another 5 minutes. I've opened a case with GM and given them a deadline of two weeks to fix it or give us our money back on the Sun/Fun option that we paid big bucks for in our 2010 Avalanche.

Sounds like a lot of people are having issues with the new USB port wanna be interface. Can you say Class Action Law Suit???

Fix this GM, NOW...
Old October 18th, 2010, 7:27 AM
CF Beginner

This was a known issue on the apple discussion boards and was not GM specific. iOS4 was the culprit. I updated my iPhone 4 to iOS4.1 and it resolved the issue completely, works great 100% of the time on my 2010 Cobalt SS.
Old November 5th, 2010, 11:06 PM
CF Beginner

Angry Let the Music Play usb-iphone FAIL

My iPhone 3GS STOPPED working when I upgraded to iOS 4.1. Tried with 3 different phones.

My gut is that whatever was the focus of the "fixes" for 4.1 SOMEONE forgot to make sure that the GM relevant code was tight. I think they are supposed to come out with 4.2 this month and I'm holding my breath they GET ER DONE cause when your truck payment cost more than an once of gold each month you should get your money's worth.

Generally speaking I have high praises for Chevy but this has been a white-trash wash out thus far. Can someone pass me the duct tape. Please FIX THIS!!

1998 LS Suburban 4WD
2011 LTZ Suburban 4WD
Old November 6th, 2010, 8:30 AM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

give this posting a read...

https://chevroletforum.com/forum/general-tech-10/information-using-i-pod-memory-stick-factoy-installed-radio-24671/

Quick Reply: 2010 Traverse USB doesn't work