Traverse Chevrolet's full size Crossover. Introduced in the model year 2009, the Traverse is a stylish and highly fuel efficient cross between a powerful SUV and a spacious minivan.

2014 Chevrolet Traverse
Platform: Lambda

2019 Traverse transmission stutter

Search this Thread

Old August 15th, 2024, 2:54 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2019 Traverse transmission stutter

2019 Chevy Traverse LT 60K miles

I just perused quite a few pages and not much here WHY is no one talking about this.?? And is there a recall on this or not. I hear stuff ranging from some bolts falling out of a transmission related part that may or may not be recalled, to changing the trans fluid over and over as a fix. I hear this was an untested collaboration between chevy and ford to create this POS tranny? What gives and how to stop the intermittent stutter?

These cars a literal ticking time bombs with slow blow fuses just one thing after another. I honestly can't believe people still buy these.. Hell you'd be way better off with a kia... Its like the world has switched into a demented dimension... Sure hope all you CEO's pockets are big enough to hold all that stolen money.. Good grief.

Last edited by bbc3; August 15th, 2024 at 2:55 AM.
Old Yesterday, 4:59 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2019 but do not have a shutter. Currently have 68k miles. I changed trans fluid at 48k miles. I used at the time ac delco dex6 fluid but I think I’m gonna try the Mobil 1 LV HP fluid. Have you tried using a tube of the Lube Gard shutter fix to see if it helps?
Old Today, 11:17 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No I haven't attempted anything. A quick glance and I can't even tell where you check or access the trans fluid?!??

Still I'm worried about going off-label from anything GMAC could possibly use against me, As even though my warranty is up, i feel like I use that as a safety guide to keep me from doing anything stupid. Which I am good at.

What are your thoughts on past information I have read about its best to leave old transmission fluid alone cause it will cause problems is you change it>?? And where's your transmission fluid access point on your 2019 plz?

Thanks and any more thoughts appreciated.
Old Today, 2:45 PM
CF Active Member

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by bbc3
No I haven't attempted anything. A quick glance and I can't even tell where you check or access the trans fluid?!??

Still I'm worried about going off-label from anything GMAC could possibly use against me, As even though my warranty is up, i feel like I use that as a safety guide to keep me from doing anything stupid. Which I am good at.

What are your thoughts on past information I have read about its best to leave old transmission fluid alone cause it will cause problems is you change it>?? And where's your transmission fluid access point on your 2019 plz?

Thanks and any more thoughts appreciated.
Issues with changing transmission fluid are if you have a vehicle with 100k+ miles that has never been serviced. Normal intervals tend to be in the 50-60k mile range. Draining the pan and replacing the fluid is sufficient. Powered "flushes" done by some shops can also cause problems by busting loose deposits that clog up valves and other parts of the transmission. Best to stay away from the flush, and just drain the pan, and top off.

Now if they would just make pans with plugs on them standard, versus having to make a big mess by dropping a pan full of fluid...