Traverse Chevrolet's full size Crossover. Introduced in the model year 2009, the Traverse is a stylish and highly fuel efficient cross between a powerful SUV and a spacious minivan.

2014 Chevrolet Traverse
Platform: Lambda

battery charging system

Search this Thread

Old August 8th, 2019, 10:56 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy battery charging system

Hello, I have a 2011 Chevy Traverse and it recently starting having issues. About a week ago, while running the AC, my battery voltage which stays at about 14v dropped and the battery power saving mode active warning came across the dash. I turned my AC off, parked my vehicle and let it sit for about 3 hrs. I then started it back up. The voltage was back to normal and the warning never came back on. That was until yesterday. I was driving my normal route when I noticed my voltage dropping again. This time the service charging system warning came on as well as the battery light and my car shut down on me. Any one have any idea what could be going on? This only happened with the AC running. I have since tried to start my car today and it will not start. The battery is completely dead.
Old August 8th, 2019, 12:49 PM
I'm here for the party

Received 71 Likes on 66 Posts

get the battery charged and tested at a parts store. they can also test the alt.