Traverse Chevrolet's full size Crossover. Introduced in the model year 2009, the Traverse is a stylish and highly fuel efficient cross between a powerful SUV and a spacious minivan.

2014 Chevrolet Traverse
Platform: Lambda

Speakers stopped working

Search this Thread

Old August 23rd, 2019, 6:57 AM
CF Beginner

Diabany n Carrasquillo Escalera's Avatar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same here.

Originally Posted by vipergg22
To all the issue here is GM uses cheap chinese speakers that cost $10. Because all your chimes run thru a single speaker so if the speaker stops working you lose said chimes. I have a GMC Envoy and I had to replace all four speakers in the first five years. Put four brand new Pioneer speakers in and have never had another problem.Replace your speakers .

As of today, do they keep working without problems, even if it rains? I just bought a 2009 Traverse yesterday, and today the speakers start bothering. We bought a new radio. So then we should buy speakers too?

Thanks
Old September 22nd, 2019, 8:05 PM
CF Beginner

I have a 2019 Traverse and am having the same issue. It happened 4 times.

1st time, just the left front door and dash speaker went out. Stayed like this for the rest of the day and in the morning was fine.
2nd time it started dropping left then right speakers then all sound was gone and a pop about every 6 seconds played out of all speakers. The persisted even when turning the car off. After 5-10 minutes driving like this the popping stopped and radio went back to normal.
3rd time just the whole left side went out, front and back. Of course this also caused the turn signals to no longer make a clicking noise. Shutting the radio and driving about 10-15 minutes corrected it.
4th time, exact same as 1st time with right side going out.
Old December 14th, 2019, 10:19 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2012 Chevy Traverse Sound Not Working

We bought a Certified Used 2012 Chevy Traverse at a Big Dealership, that has a name for it self, because we didn't just want to buy it anywhere because we wanted to make sure we got a really good vehicle we bought the extended warranty From the start we started having problems with the air conditioning system, so glad we got the warranty. Still paid lots of out of pocket deductible plus wirk that wasn't cover by warranty because it was just a hose.
The problem now is the sound doesn't work for blinkers, chimes, radio comes on and off switches from av to radio on it's own it's so annoying, so I just turn it off, can not use my vechile hands free phone call since the sound doesn't work properly.
My biggest concern is the rear view camera sound is also being affected, which makes me not feel safe in the vehicle backing up since sometimes it makes the sound and some times it doesn't on the camera. I see all the concerns here and I think it's a manufacturing issue, my warranty has expired since I bought it, so know I'm stuck with a vechile that I don't feel safe In, a Car payment still, and more repairs on this vehicle. We Are a family of 5 so we got this as our family vechile so we could all fit since my husband has a truck. We use the Traverse for vacation and long drives but not know we just make our self do on the truck it's so uncomfortable for the childen.
My husband has a Ford F-150 , When we were buying the Traverse he said don't buy a Chevy, I told him but I love it, he said they are problematic I said no , Growing up My Dad always had a Chevy they are good. Well know I think my husband was right or they don't make them Like they used too.
Thank you for taking the time to listen to my concerns. We will have to wait till after the holidays to get the truck in the shop since I did take it in and they told me it's $125 to diagnose and then it could be 1of 5 things. So then all I said was thank you hopefully next year. Walked on this was Friday , today Sat , I'm here trying to find a solution and seeing if anyone else had this happen to.Thank you
Old January 5th, 2020, 11:58 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had major issues with the radio electric system this should be a recall
The following users liked this post:
R.Dixon (September 28th, 2020)
Old January 5th, 2020, 12:20 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2011 Traverse Radio and sound issues speakers radio and all electrical connections. GM will do nothing to fix these problems but deny that they are real issues that should have a recall to repair the area's that cause these problems. My personal thanks to all the input I have gathered on websites u tube and forums like this.
My Fix hopefully will be complete and a Hail Mary to see if it works. After countless hours of trouble shooting changing radio's showing a dealer I bought the vehicle from and showing them the water draining from the connectors after they washed the car after 150.00 Radio Program service. They said you look and act like a pretty sharp car guy you will figure if out....Ha ....Too Funny.....Here is what I have done for the potential fix.
Drain all water out of connector area's and clean with Electro Clean Plastic Safe cleaner
Check all Pin connections for corrosion and check for bent pins cut a small drain notch in the bottom of the rubber boots all 4 doors WATCH OUT FOR THE WIRES!!!
Remove and clean Roof Rack and Seal all bolts and Bolt Holes with RTV Black heavy duty silicone.
Remove and clean front windshield shroud by wipers to look for drain issues and seal the upper rubber boot of from and water drainage and reseal base of wind shield
After all of this and I am still having issues...Who needs a Radio anyway with Back Up alarms and door chimes and blah...Done...Hope this helps All the Best to the Trouble shooters out there!!!
Old April 23rd, 2020, 4:12 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Electric Potato
Recently experienced the same issue with my wife's 2011 Traverse LS.
I had already planned to replace her head unit with a Pioneer AVH-2440NEX so I went ahead and ordered that and installed.
It made no difference.
I had read here that the speakers need to be replaced. I find it extremely hard to believe that all 4 speakers blew at the same time but I found a pair of Boss Audio Ch6530 at Fry's for $15 so I figured it was worth a shot.
After installing the first one (front driver side speaker), the sound returned and I really thought I was onto something. But replacing the second one made no difference and eventually the first one stopped working again - though I did notice that if I turn the volume up, the first one will start working again.

I have not punched a hole in the rubber conduit between the chassis and door, as some suggest to drain water out. I guess that's next.

Anyone have a reference for a pinout diagram for those connections between the chassis and door?
That way I could just plug a speaker up to the connector on the chassis side for troubleshooting instead of removing that door panel every time.
Clean out all the water from all 4 connectors using canned air and a blow dryer. Reattach the connectors. Get some hard rubber (like from bicycle tire), cut out a piece wide enough to cover the connector and hot glue it above each connect (ala rain jacket).
Old September 15th, 2020, 6:42 AM
CF Beginner

Default Same problem

Originally Posted by Jsmitty53
What did you do to resolve this issue? I'm currently having the same problem

what was the outcome
Old June 29th, 2021, 10:59 AM
CF Beginner

I've come to understand this may be a malfunctioning Active Noise Cancellation (ACN) module.
Old June 29th, 2021, 11:02 AM
CF Beginner

If its not associated with the wiring harness, perhaps its the Active Noise Cancellation (ACN) module
Old March 12th, 2022, 2:21 PM
CF Beginner

Default What is an ACN module and how do you replace it?

Originally Posted by glriddle
If its not associated with the wiring harness, perhaps its the Active Noise Cancellation (ACN) module
what is an ACN module and how do you replace it.