Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Uplander (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/uplander-31/)
-   -   2005 Uplander Starter disable (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/uplander-31/2005-uplander-starter-disable-6381/)

Ed_S April 2nd, 2007 8:44 PM

2005 Uplander Starter disable

Hi All,
I bought a used 2005 Uplander with only 15000 kms practically new.
Have had it several months now and worked beautiful.
Today my wife pulled in Tim Hortons and went inside for a coffee. When she came out and attempted to start the vehicle, it would not start.
The display symbols that came up was the "motor" symbol and then the words " Starter Disabled" We tried both our keys and no go. It is now at a Chev dealer to be fixed I hope :)
Can someone tell me what caused this error to display? Is this just an electrical error that will eventually occur in Uplanders?
In my searches in google I did find a lot of electrical errors common in 2005 Uplanders :(
I stumbled on this forum and hope I came to the correct place to get answers about my Uplander :)

thanks in advance
Ed

MalibuMaxxSS April 5th, 2007 4:55 PM

RE: 2005 Uplander Starter disable

in your information center there is an option to turn it on....go thru there and enable it...also you hav eto hit the lock button twice before it will start the truck

ITS NOT AN ELECTRICLA ERROR.....use the menu button till you see enable auto start...push the check mark to say YES.....done....hit lock button 2 times once to lock it the other to set the security your horn should honk if your feed back is enabled the hodl the start buttone for about 5 seconds...should start fine.

Inkslngr July 7th, 2013 10:42 AM

Maxx
My wifes Uplander has done the same as Ed_s but when I hit the menu button it does not say enable auto start the only thing is says is English French Spanish. when I push the scroll it changes to mileage English or Metric....how do I get to the other menu? it also says Service alarm system???

Patriot July 14th, 2013 2:58 PM

Enable RVS (Remote Vehicle Start)

To enable The RVS function perform the ff steps.

1) Turn ON the ignition, with engine OFF
2) Press the Menu button on the driver info center(DIC) until remote start appears on the display.
3) Press the Enter button on the DIC and then ON is displayed.

The current state of RVS can be viewed through the DIC display under the Remote Start the dispaly will read either ON or OFF.

Hope this help..:)

Tyler Paterson April 6th, 2019 11:21 PM

Same problem

Originally Posted by Inkslngr (Post 251642)
Maxx
My wifes Uplander has done the same as Ed_s but when I hit the menu button it does not say enable auto start the only thing is says is English French Spanish. when I push the scroll it changes to mileage English or Metric....how do I get to the other menu? it also says Service alarm system???

How did you get it resolved? I'm having the same problem.