Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

2005 Uplander Starter disable

Search this Thread

Old April 2nd, 2007, 8:44 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Uplander Starter disable

Hi All,
I bought a used 2005 Uplander with only 15000 kms practically new.
Have had it several months now and worked beautiful.
Today my wife pulled in Tim Hortons and went inside for a coffee. When she came out and attempted to start the vehicle, it would not start.
The display symbols that came up was the "motor" symbol and then the words " Starter Disabled" We tried both our keys and no go. It is now at a Chev dealer to be fixed I hope
Can someone tell me what caused this error to display? Is this just an electrical error that will eventually occur in Uplanders?
In my searches in google I did find a lot of electrical errors common in 2005 Uplanders
I stumbled on this forum and hope I came to the correct place to get answers about my Uplander

thanks in advance
Ed
Old April 5th, 2007, 4:55 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: 2005 Uplander Starter disable

in your information center there is an option to turn it on....go thru there and enable it...also you hav eto hit the lock button twice before it will start the truck

ITS NOT AN ELECTRICLA ERROR.....use the menu button till you see enable auto start...push the check mark to say YES.....done....hit lock button 2 times once to lock it the other to set the security your horn should honk if your feed back is enabled the hodl the start buttone for about 5 seconds...should start fine.
Old July 7th, 2013, 10:42 AM
CF Beginner

Maxx
My wifes Uplander has done the same as Ed_s but when I hit the menu button it does not say enable auto start the only thing is says is English French Spanish. when I push the scroll it changes to mileage English or Metric....how do I get to the other menu? it also says Service alarm system???
Old July 14th, 2013, 2:58 PM
CF Beginner

Default Enable RVS (Remote Vehicle Start)

To enable The RVS function perform the ff steps.

1) Turn ON the ignition, with engine OFF
2) Press the Menu button on the driver info center(DIC) until remote start appears on the display.
3) Press the Enter button on the DIC and then ON is displayed.

The current state of RVS can be viewed through the DIC display under the Remote Start the dispaly will read either ON or OFF.

Hope this help..
Old April 6th, 2019, 11:21 PM
CF Beginner

Default Same problem

Originally Posted by Inkslngr
Maxx
My wifes Uplander has done the same as Ed_s but when I hit the menu button it does not say enable auto start the only thing is says is English French Spanish. when I push the scroll it changes to mileage English or Metric....how do I get to the other menu? it also says Service alarm system???
How did you get it resolved? I'm having the same problem.