Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

2006 Uplander LT

Search this Thread

Old March 19th, 2008, 8:41 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Uplander LT

Hello to All,

I am new to the forum and would like to share my ongoing experience with my 2006 Uplander LT. It started around 9000 Miles when I experienced an electrical issue where the radio would turn off and turn on tuned to a different station with all the preset I programmed missing. At 17000 Miles I began hearing noises and feeling vibrations coming through the steering. Shortly after I had harsh vibrations when applying brake at any speed. I hear grinding noises at low speeds. Finally the Traction Control error message displayed when traction control would engage.

I now have 27373 miles on my Uplander and the dealer has replaced the onboard computer and reprogrammed it several times claiming that it is normal for the module to loose its programming and fail. My steering box along with the rack and pinion and steer column was replaced and the dealer claims that is not unusual. My front rotors were resurfaced twice in an attempt to resolve the vibrations. I had to pay for new front brake pads because it is a ware and tear item and the control arms attached to the stabilizing bar have been replace as well.

Recently my Traction Control failed again when driving over icy patches of roadway. I still have grinding noises which sound like metal to metal moving at low speeds. Flicker lights, hard start ups, and rough idling with hesitation when accelerating.

The dealership has three service managers and a senior service manager four all together claiming that what I hear and feel are “Normal Characteristic of the Vehicle”! They actually wrote that in the service invoice. They further back up their claim by writing on the same service invoice that “Noises at 1 – 5 MPH are normal front brake noise compared to 07 Uplander with 21K miles on lot, exhibited slightly more noise than customer’s vehicle”.
I have filed a complaint with GM concerning all the issues and I am considering hiring an attorney specializing in Lemon Law cases.
Old March 19th, 2008, 4:22 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2006 Uplander LT

You do not know how many people are having the exact same problem you are with their Uplander LT models