Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

2006 Uplander LT loaded...with issues

Search this Thread

Old November 8th, 2006, 12:17 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Uplander LT loaded...with issues

Bought a 2006 Uplander LT2 w/trailer package, 3.9V6, leather, power sliding doors...the works. Moved from a Windstar into my first Chevrolet ever. Had Buick LeSabres for years, but they are totally different animals. We picked it up in May with 10,000km...it's now got 30,000+. A couple of trips to Temagami, Gatineau, Campbellford & Bancroft a few times and it adds up.

First issue was strictly paperwork, so not GM's fault...though it took a few calls through OnStar to get it straightened out. Dealership had me registered with 2 vehicles..but not actually owning either one. The dealership set me up with a loaner (GMC Sierra Crew) for a day while they recertified it.

Then the first problem...engine light came on and a leak appeared in the driveway. Turns out I had a bad seal in the tranny inspection panel. Repaired promptly and the dealer set me up with a loaner (Rendezvous).

Then the A/C stopped working in August...when it was arond 40C. They reset something and apparently it's a software glitch and they are working on a fix. No loaner as It was do for an oil change and regular service anyway.

Then the dash lights went out...no tach, spedometer, NOTHING. Contacted OnStar they ran a diagnostic and the lights came back on. Happened a couple of times. Took it in on a Friday and got loaner (G5). No problem found. Drove Saturday, did it again. Drove it Sunday, did it again. Drove it Monday, did it again. Back to the dealership Monday am (Monata loaner)...and on Thursday I picked it up with a new instrument cluster.

Love the ride. And it pulls our trailer likes it's not even there. Rear seats are far easier to manage than Fords single bench. And there's plenty of room for dogs, camping gear and hockey equipment.

Not totally a pleased first time Cheverolet owner but there's hope.

Old November 10th, 2007, 10:25 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2006 Uplander LT loaded...with issues

I have lowered floor wheelchair Baraun Entera van not a bad truck so far one year, 5000 miles. Just got side door trouble, we'll see.