Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

2008 (Uplander) has random dash warning lights cycling

Search this Thread

Old November 21st, 2019, 3:04 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 (Uplander) has random dash warning lights cycling

It feels like there is a bad harness plug or something but our 2008 will randomly cycle through messages and dash lights while driving. It will subside from this cycle for a short duration (sometimes even a day) only to then do it again. The indicator lights for the ABS / Traction Control / Brake (emergency brake) will light up almost in a sequence (but not the CEL) then all go out. The cruise control will sometimes work (but rarely) and then just cut out. All lights are on when the key is just in the on position and the car isn't running.

Like I said it feels like a corroded or loose harness plug but so far, in the ones I've checked they look fine. A while back, I thought I saw a video (that I can't find now) showing there was a large harness plug under the passenger side carpeting but I can't find that and don't want to take that all apart - I could be remembering a video from another vehicle I worked on.

I should note, it starts and runs smoothly and despite the messages (and the cruise control failing) there is no impact on driving it.

Anyway - if anyone else has run into this and has resolved it, I appreciate your help!

Thanks,

Jamie