Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

Anyone have 5 spoke silver N85 17" wheels for sale?

Search this Thread

Old March 19th, 2012, 10:16 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have 5 spoke silver N85 17" wheels for sale?

I don't know if this is the right place lol but since my '08 Cargo came w/the hub caps, I've been planning on getting replacement wheels since tire shops tend to crack the hub caps sometimes. I don't want larger wheels at this point since Memphis isn't exactly a haven of law abiding citizens and I don't need my work van getting the wrong attention haha.

So for now, I'm looking for a cheap set of Uplander 17s, the 'grooved' 5 spoke silver ones. I found 3 at a nearby salvage yard for under $100 each with normal wear and tear but they only have 3 so I'll still have to find one more.

I just wanted to see if anyone here had bought other wheels and had some stockers laying around or something. Don't want the chrome or other styles, just the grooved aluminum 17s. If not, I'm probably going to grab however many the salvage yard has left toward the end of this week.

Thanks guys!!

Jeremy
Old March 22nd, 2012, 1:59 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I bought 2 today from a regional salvage yard...They're rated in 'B' condition meaning not perfect but no significant damage. One was covered in dirt/grime but didn't seem to have much if any curb rash and just a few nicks/scratches and the other was about the same. They only have one more (usual case with wrecks, only 3 survive) and I may go back and ****** it, just didn't want to spend too much.

The nice thing is that I got them for $75 cash each with no core charge! I'll be able to sell my steelies and OEM hubcaps on CL or somewhere to recoup some of the money and just throw my tires on the alloys once I get 2 more.

I'm not looking to drive around with 2 hubbies and 2 5 spoke alloys, although I guess it could work if you put the matching pairs on each side of the van lol!

Jeremy