Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

Help 05 Chevy Uplander!

Search this Thread

Old December 23rd, 2021 | 2:53 AM
CF Beginner

Default Help 05 Chevy Uplander!

Good morning!
I have a 05 Chevy uplander and we'll all the gages in the dashboard no longer work. So I have no idea how fast I'm going, how much gas is in her. I looked it up and google said the EDM or ECM now after coming across other threads they say the fuse. I have no idea I just don't want to spend $300 on a unnecessary part. Can anyone help me tell me the issue or have any idea on what is going on?
Thank you! I really appreciate it!!
Old January 3rd, 2022 | 9:11 PM
CF Beginner

We had an 05 Montana that had the same issue. We were told we would have to replace the cluster and at that time it was about $700 to do.
Old January 6th, 2022 | 1:38 PM
CF Beginner

Did the gauges all quit at the same time or one by one over time? if one by one over time, then the stepper motors for the gauges probably went bad. there are places that can rebuild your cluster. It doesn't cost too awful much. Definately cheaper than a new one. Or you could probably get a used one for less money and swap it. although I dont know if the odometer reading stays with the cluster or not.
Old January 14th, 2022 | 9:16 AM
CF Beginner

Hey Hershey 88, was wondering how you made out with your problem. Any luck?
Old January 14th, 2022 | 9:53 AM
CF Senior Member

Maybe with the least amount of inconvenience,,check with a few salvage yards for the cluster.
Yes , the mileage could be different, but if you record the present mileage on your odometer now, then either add or subtract from the replacement and you will know what your real mileage is.
Its a 2005 and as long as you tell any future buyer of the change and provide the difference in actual mileage readings should be OK.
Old January 14th, 2022 | 10:12 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by hanky
Maybe with the least amount of inconvenience,,check with a few salvage yards for the cluster.
Yes , the mileage could be different, but if you record the present mileage on your odometer now, then either add or subtract from the replacement and you will know what your real mileage is.
Its a 2005 and as long as you tell any future buyer of the change and provide the difference in actual mileage readings should be OK.
I think mileage may be stored on one of the vehicles control modules.
Old February 7th, 2022 | 7:50 AM
CF Beginner

I have a good used cluster you could have. I'm in Indiana.
​​​