Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

Just bought a 2007 Uplander - RSE problems

Search this Thread

Old February 18th, 2012, 7:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought a 2007 Uplander - RSE problems

The van didn't come with the headphones, so I bought a set online that was reputed to be compatible. They didn't work. So, I got to wondering whether or not the IR transmitter was even working at all. I took a TV remote and shined it into a camera, and I could see the bulb, so I tried the same to the IR source on the RSE module. I saw nothing.

What I'm not sure about is if there's something I'm not doing to turn it on in the first place, or is it actually inoperative. The manual is not terribly helpful on this score. Has anyone else encountered this? It seems odd that JUST the IR source would fail. It seems more likely that if it were going to fail, then the whole thing would. 5 years just isn't that old, as electronics go. I could also believe that the bulb is out of band for my camera that I shouldn't be surprised that it saw nothing.

So, long story shot, this sound familiar to anyone? Anyone have a solution? I'd rather not drop $50 on a set of GM headphones that would be a waste of time/money.
Old February 21st, 2012, 7:43 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Adamkelt,

Are the headphones on the correct channel? DVD and auxiliary audio can only be found on CHA or CH1 channels. Are the wireless headphones charged? Have you tried connecting wired headphones to see if the audio worked?

Please keep us posted.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old February 21st, 2012, 7:48 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi - thanks for responding.

I've tried both channels, and they have fresh batteries. I haven't tried wired yet. I'll try that next.