Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

MPG QUESTION

Search this Thread

Old June 9th, 2007, 4:14 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MPG QUESTION

HI EVERYONE just bought the 07 uplander lt .awesome vehicle all the extras are in it , although i am very concerned on the mpg issue the dash states im getting 10.5 mpg.has anyone issues withthe mileage my car has 390 miles and have not taken any long trips,and all the driving has been local.this is still a concern because living in the city 80 percent of my driving is local streets.i realize the car needs to break in but has anyone had this experience and have had teh mileage improve as the car breaks in ,or is this common and the car only gets better mileage on the highway? at this rate my 5.7 hemi charger has better mileage? also i read here that the 3lt package has some sorta 40 gig hd for flixs and stuff .how do you know if the car hs this feature dealer stated clearly my car had all the factory options in it.
Old June 9th, 2007, 6:14 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: MPG QUESTION

ok....the fuel milage will get better as you break it in...try and get it on the highway and take it for a burn, say 30 minutes 1 hour round trip somewhere highway speeds, all town driving on new cars is not the best way to break them in..... dont know about US in CAnada the uplanders are teh best in class for fule, 33 highway and19 city, so if you do 80% in town, you will probably get about 22 average......remember yor are NOT going to get close to the highway posted MPG, if you in town all the time.

the entertainment you are talking about is called 'phatnoise' and is optional on EVERY van we sell so unless you ordered it or the dealer ordered it in it, you dont have it, you should hvae got a little black blackberry looking thing for lack of a better explanation, it will plug in to a slot just behind you roof light it folds down like the sunglass holder but this is where the Hard drive plugs into...

however I beleiveyou have to buy the connectors seperate to plug it in even if you do have it...like I said I am in Canada so we do have a LT3 package only LT2 and the phatnoise is optional
Old June 9th, 2007, 9:30 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi thanks for the info where would that blackberry button be located ? i do hope the mileage improves .is this similar to other uplanders ?
Old June 11th, 2007, 1:42 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

it is nota button, you should have gotton a unit the size of a computer hard drive roughly, little thinner, this is the unit, it plugs directly into the slot on the roof of the van, in one of the folddown trays

and yes your milage should gt better, I have had lots of people complain about the an milage at the start...give it 3-5000miles, and take it on the highway a couple times during this period