Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

My Uplander...a lemon?

Search this Thread

Old February 24th, 2006, 9:19 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Uplander...a lemon?

I am from Winnipeg, Canada. I purchased a 2005 Uplander LT September 29, 2005. Was very happy and excited to have a fully loaded van. My wife really likes the Rear Parking Assist feature. Before our first snowfall in October, I had my first problem. the power sliding door will not open at all (by remote or manually). My first trip to service. January, I went to a car wash. After the wash cycle, I started to move forward towards the blower area. Water came down (not drip) from the light fixture beside the ON Star button. 2 weeks ago, my wife started to hear an annoying noise on the left side (drivers). Dealer found the stabilizer link to be loose. It was replaced. Yesterday, the engine light stayed on. Dealer did a scan and said something about a throttle sensor or something. Anyway, they said they updated it. What that means.... I do not know. This morning, it did the same thing. So back to the dealer. This afternoon, I picked it up and dealer said they have to order a part. They have to replace the throttle body something. So, I have to go back next week ,if the part comes right away. The part might have to come from the US just like my brother in laws Uplander purchased in June. The alternator has to be replaced and the part had to come from the US. So... will my problems end next week? BTW, my Uplander only has 6,000 kilometers on it.
Old July 20th, 2006, 11:04 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: My Uplander...a lemon?

i have a 2006 uplander, and i can believe the trouble your having. Its hard to understand how the engineers can really be so lame as to not learn from previous models of vans and cars. 1 thing, did you happen to notice probably the most dangerous item of you new van! there is NO turn signal facing the front sides, they seem to have found it more important to save the big dollars on not wiring the side marker lamps into the turn relay! duh! thanks GM for a really screwed up vehicle... i hope this is one of the only ones that got messed up in design lately, or the imports are gonna WOMP your asses!
Old August 17th, 2006, 1:18 AM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: My Uplander...a lemon?

not to offend you two but I think that they didn't do a very good job on the hole engineering part