Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

Need help with 2007 uplander it cranks good battery and feul pressure no starting

Search this Thread

Old July 18th, 2020, 4:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with 2007 uplander it cranks good battery and feul pressure no starting

Changing camshaft position censor but would like to know what would be the problem if not that
Old July 26th, 2020, 8:07 AM
CF Active Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

guy who had mine before me said it would crank/no start bc of some security problem... not sure what he did as it was 95% fixed before i ever touched it. when i got it, it would crank a bit longer than it does now. it had been sitting a while, but i replaced the good battery with a huge excellent battery and it started much faster. then i cleaned the throttle body and replaced the wires for the knock sensor and crank position sensor on the rear of the motor bc they were burned up and that solved all the slow-ish starting issues.

i doubt these are your primary issue but i dunno... if you havent had eyes on that pigtail for the knock sensor and crank position sensor on the rear of the motor i would get eyes on it, bc i have never seen one in a junk yard that wasnt showing signs of being crispy from the heat. you should have a CEL if they were bad though...
i rebuilt a junkyard set of wires. i had 200 degree plastic conduits on each wire in addition to tape and heatshrink... the conduits still melted in spots. i replaced the sensors but they were probably fine, i would do just the wires if i did it again and after seeing so many crispy wires. you get best reach/view of those wires through the pass side wheel well...
The following users liked this post:
Carl Durst (July 28th, 2020)
Old July 28th, 2020, 5:56 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thank you replacing both as well as pig tail

Originally Posted by 12three
guy who had mine before me said it would crank/no start bc of some security problem... not sure what he did as it was 95% fixed before i ever touched it. when i got it, it would crank a bit longer than it does now. it had been sitting a while, but i replaced the good battery with a huge excellent battery and it started much faster. then i cleaned the throttle body and replaced the wires for the knock sensor and crank position sensor on the rear of the motor bc they were burned up and that solved all the slow-ish starting issues.

i doubt these are your primary issue but i dunno... if you havent had eyes on that pigtail for the knock sensor and crank position sensor on the rear of the motor i would get eyes on it, bc i have never seen one in a junk yard that wasnt showing signs of being crispy from the heat. you should have a CEL if they were bad though...
i rebuilt a junkyard set of wires. i had 200 degree plastic conduits on each wire in addition to tape and heatshrink... the conduits still melted in spots. i replaced the sensors but they were probably fine, i would do just the wires if i did it again and after seeing so many crispy wires. you get best reach/view of those wires through the pass side wheel well...
thank you both sensors and wires