Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

New shocks

Search this Thread

Old September 6th, 2010, 3:03 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default New shocks

I recently posted about my tires wearing on my '07 Uplander and GM replacing the tires after doing a warranty repair to the rear axle and doing a 4 wheel alignment.
The technician at Tire Tech in Leamington originally told me that the noisy tires were being caused by weak/worn suspension components.... GM would not replace shocks or struts as they weren't leaking. So I ordered a set of rear shocks for the Uplander and did that ever make a difference in the way it rides and handles !! Much better, no more body roll on turns and the van runs much quiter over irregular road surfaces.... like a different (better) vehicle.
I replaced the anemic OE shocks with Monroe Sensa-Tracs. I think they will help the life of the new tires too. Time will tell.
The van sure runs better with the new rear shocks, I wouldn't have thought just the rear shocks would tighten the vehicle up like that.

Shock bolts are 18mm if you are planning on changing yours...

Last edited by Papa Bear; September 8th, 2010 at 1:27 PM.
Old September 8th, 2010, 2:21 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I've had the opportunity to drive the Uplander in the last couple of days on all sorts of roads, rough country roads, 2-lane paved and 4 lane highways. I am amazed at how much better the van performs with just the rear shocks replaced. Sidewinds hardly bother it now and the van tracks so much smoother with a minimum of drifting and noise. It's really hard to describe the improvement in ride and handling.
Old September 9th, 2010, 7:24 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good information on upgrades, thanks for sharing.