Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

Routine Maintenance Schedule

Search this Thread

Old August 13th, 2022, 12:02 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Routine Maintenance Schedule

I put synthetic oil in my 2006 Uplander, instead of the standard oil that is called for in my user manual. Until this year, I've always had the oil changed and the routine inspections, etc done when the "oil change" message went on, which is about once a year. (I only drive about 3,500 km/2,000 miles a year. This year, I'm having trouble finding an honest, competent mechanic. So I decided NOT to change the oil this year, since it looks only half-depleted. Is it important that this maintenance -- tire rotation; lubricating chassis components, and visually checking all systems -- is done on a yearly basis, or is this just a gimmick to keep GM dealers working? How often should these things be done, if the oil doesn't need replacing as often? (I've already checked all the fluids myself, and they all look fine.)
Old August 13th, 2022, 10:12 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 92 Likes on 83 Posts

One of the things you might consider is to go by what your owner's manual recommends.
The manufacturer invests a lot of $$$ determining what requirements will provide best service from their product.

If you are not sure what to do , you could always ask a Service Manager at your local dealership, the advice is usually free.
Old August 17th, 2022, 11:36 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not going to the local dealer for advice. One of the reason I posted this is because I can't trust the local dealer.

Inari
The following users liked this post:
oilcanhenry (August 18th, 2022)
Old August 18th, 2022, 4:49 PM
CF Monarch

Received 263 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by Inari
I'm not going to the local dealer for advice. One of the reason I posted this is because I can't trust the local dealer.

Inari
No one trusts the local dealer here either. I have a great private shop I use if I can't fix it myself.