Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

Uplander AC fraud/ hard to some trust mechanics

Search this Thread

Old July 22nd, 2011, 4:21 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Uplander AC fraud/ hard to some trust mechanics

Ok. I have a feeling this won't stay on here long but this is all truth
From Missouri and a few weeks ago drove down to Panama City,FL in our 05 uplander. A/C went out and it was HOT!!!! 95 plus. Has a wife and kids with me and I could of just rolled down the windows and been fine but those poor kids would of burned up. So I take it to a Chevy Dealer in Panama City and they told me it was a leaky Evaporator Coil and they would have to take the dash out to replace it @ $1600.00. They didn't have the part but could get it next day to fix. I had to leave early the next day so this wasn't a option. I went to walmart got some freon and put 10 BOTTLES in it between there and home for $100.00. Took it to my mechanic here in Columbia and he said it only had a leak in the freon line that runs from the front of the vehicle to back. He tried to get this line part from Chevy for a week and 1/2 and they keep backordering it. Finally he just cut the bad part out got some compression couplings recharged it and it's been working perfectly for 2 weeks under 90-100 degrees days. Obviously not the best permanant fix but it is working great. I check the freon level periodically and it isn't leaking anymore. He charged me $200.00. Not going to say another word.