Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

uplander satisfaction

Search this Thread

Old January 13th, 2011, 8:51 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ssilk40
Anyone having problems with the service tire monitor. Have brought my uplander back six times to dealer and they can't seem to find out whats wrong they fill the tires. and give it back its fixed. ten minutes later im driving and the lights are back on. Have gotten all new tires. replaced hubs, new brakes. abs cables( they said were corroded) ?don't know what else to do? any help appreciated.
Ok, let's see if we can help you here. I will have to ask a few questions first....

1) Where do you live ? Cold climate ?
2) What year is your Uplander ?
3) How many miles (Kms) on it ?
4) Have you owned it since new ?
5) Why would you take it back to the same dealer more than twice ?
6) Why would you get new tires ? Did the old ones leak air and trip the TPMS ?
7) Why would you think that hubs, brakes or abs cables would have anything to do with the TPMS ?

GM dealers are going nuts in winter with TPMS lights, they know what trips them and what is required to rectify the problem.
Old January 14th, 2011, 4:51 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question for papa bear 169382

Originally Posted by Papa Bear
Ok, let's see if we can help you here. I will have to ask a few questions first....

1) Where do you live ? Cold climate ? New Jersey
2) What year is your Uplander ? 2008
3) How many miles (Kms) on it ?51,000
4) Have you owned it since new ?no used from dealer
5) Why would you take it back to the same dealer more than twice ?under warranty
6) Why would you get new tires ? Did the old ones leak air and trip the TPMS ?I was told that was the problem that i need all new tires to fix it.
7) Why would you think that hubs, brakes or abs cables would have anything to do with the TPMS ? this is what the dealer agency told me had to be done , i can only go by what they said these uplanders arent like the old chrysler new york and chevy nova i worked on.

GM dealers are going nuts in winter with TPMS lights, they know what trips them and what is required to rectify the problem.
2008, 51,000 no used from dealer, under warranty, I was told that this was the cause of the problem tires leaked needed new ones. .The dealer agency told me that i had to have the work done. to correct problem..
Old January 14th, 2011, 5:44 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Is it a Chev dealer ?? Find another dealer ... FAST !! Your dealer is as crooked as a dog's hind leg.
Old January 20th, 2011, 10:25 AM
CF Junior Member

I have a 2005 Uplander Lt extended wheel base that I ordered new from the factory. I have a couple of prior reports on this site that are detailed with what I found to be problems. I have 153,000km on my Van. I have always immediately fixed any problems and used upgraded after market parts to replace any worn out failed parts.

Overall, I am satisfied to very satisfied with my Van. I am going to keep and drive my van for at least another 100,000kms. Compared to other vans, I still like the looks of the Uplander.
Old February 3rd, 2011, 6:39 AM
CF Beginner

Not an Uplander but Canada's 2nd best selling van, Montana SV6 before production stopped. Ours is a 2009 SWB, beautiful van, very good on gas and purchase price was less than a Honda Civic. Only problem the seats are horriable to keep clean(kids can make such a mesh). 2 years old this month and 42k on it. No issues what so ever.
Old February 3rd, 2011, 9:27 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by Breezeboy
Not an Uplander but Canada's 2nd best selling van, Montana SV6 before production stopped. Ours is a 2009 SWB, beautiful van, very good on gas and purchase price was less than a Honda Civic. Only problem the seats are horriable to keep clean(kids can make such a mesh). 2 years old this month and 42k on it. No issues what so ever.
Good to hear from a happy customer. Sounds like you have a good van and it is treating you well. Treat it with tender loving care and give it the service it needs and should have. It will reward you with many more years and kilometers.

My complaint about the seats in my 2005 Uplander are that they were poorly designed and are so uncomfortable. Other than that, I am a reasonably happy customer who has 153,000kms and counting on many more.
Old February 5th, 2011, 8:07 AM
CF Active Member

We too have a uplander 2009 and I love it. No problem so far after 40,000k and it is still the best looking van on the market. The seats are quite cramped at the back with the SWB and our is the lt model with the quad seatS. I dont care because I never sit anybody at the back. iT TOWS OUR TRAILERS Rockwood 2011 MODEL 1809S WITH A BREEZE.
Old March 7th, 2011, 12:48 PM
CF Beginner

First off lets say I am not a fan of the GM motor company as for the ride its an used 07 uplander company car no choice in what i was given to drive .... humm cant park on a downhill if there is less than 1/4 tank in it.It will not run long if u can make it run. If u live anywhere there is snow witch i do basically gota open the hood to clean all of it out or possibly damage the wiper transmission before attempting to use them . As i am used to dealing with not having leg room [6'5] this is not meant to be driven by anyone over 5'10 .... i do get 20 mpg if i dont use cruse tho ... 16 if i do go figure.......... oh and i did fix the buttons on the worn out key fob with an old tv remote and some scotch tape.... overall i give it a 5 out of 10
Old September 8th, 2012, 5:07 PM
CF Beginner

Default Problems!

I can promise that I will never buy a Chevrolet again, I have a Uplander -05 and discovered some problem that is very disturbing. I live in Sweden and in winter I use to put in a cab heater so it will be warm inside, but we have very much snow sometimes and it melts and freeze to ice and when I try to open the door it`s stucked. And I have also the problem when I parked downhill it won´t start if the is too little gas in it. I do also have to remember that in winter the wipers must be stopped so I can clean them before I start. Also have problems with the dinging sliding doors. I really misses my Chrysler Voyager I used to have.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 7:34 PM
CF Beginner

rear door rattle. I just bought a 2009 with 33000 on it .I adjusted the door latch. To do this You need the right size torx wrench,mark the position of the latch with a pencil or marker,loosen the torx bolts move the latch slightly in tword the front .tighten torx bolts and check door operation.Readjust if nessary.

Last edited by rschem; February 2nd, 2013 at 7:41 PM.

Quick Reply: uplander satisfaction