Venture 1997-2005
This minivan from Chevy offers a sporty look as well as all of the modern additons of the minivan market.
Platform: U-Body

'01 Venture Warner Bros. Edition

Search this Thread

Old March 11th, 2007, 2:06 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '01 Venture Warner Bros. Edition

Hello all.

I just bought an '01 Venture on Friday from a dealership, and got the extended warrnaty to boot.
Went to let the kids watch a tapeSaturdaynight, and I'm getting a white streaking screen. Also get the same screen when plugging in a portable gaming system. Audio is fine for both inputs. I went to troubleshoot is last night after the kids went to bed, and the darn thing worked. I went to use it today again, and same white streaking screen.

I popped the AV input jack cover off, and re-seated the large cable (kind of looks like a computer parallel cable), and it's still not working. Since the sound is working OK on both inputs, I'm assuming it's either a control box or video screen issue. Does anyone have input as to any history with these components, or any further troubleshooting I can do?

I know this is a specialty piece that most dealerships don't have experience with, that's why I'm trying to get as much info before I take it back next week.

I can just hear the dealership now..."Well it worked when we tested it."

Thanks in advance for any input.

Matt