Venture 1997-2005
This minivan from Chevy offers a sporty look as well as all of the modern additons of the minivan market.
Platform: U-Body

2003 - Wont start - Security message

Search this Thread

Old February 7th, 2006, 1:49 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 - Wont start - Security message

I went to start my 2003 Venture van this morning and when I turned the key on, the headlights came on, radio, came on etc. When I tried to start the vehicle, there was nothing. I didnt even hear the starter solienoid click. I did notice on my message monitor, the word "security" flashed up. Up until this morning, everything was fine that I know of.

Is there something with the "Security" message that is causing this? If so how do i fix it. Or is it a loose cable, sloenoid, starter related problem.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Old February 6th, 2007, 5:24 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: 2003 - Wont start - Security message

i have a 2002 with the exact same issue. i have tried charging battery etc. nothing works, after awhile, it will start right up and keep starting all day, till the next morning. PLEASE HELP!!
Old October 25th, 2009, 10:40 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

More then likely it is the security tripped for some odd reason try leaving the key turn on in the ACC position if it displays security in this position leave it there for 10 - 15 mins until the light goes away if it does not there is another method to turn it off
Old November 15th, 2009, 7:28 AM
CF Active Member

Replace your key switch. I had the same problem on my impala and the sensor on the switch was the culprit. Nothing more frustating when you dont know if it will start or not. In the mean time if it happens wait aprx 10 to 12 minutes and try the ignition on and off and it will probably start. The switch cost installed is aprx 400$ and it is a known problem with GM vehicles. After we had a switch installed the problem was over. I was almost ready to ditch the car because of this problem. One evening we were stuck in a strawberry field at 8pm after picking our own berries and the car refused to start.