Venture 1997-2005
This minivan from Chevy offers a sporty look as well as all of the modern additons of the minivan market.
Platform: U-Body

Couple Ques ....

Search this Thread

Old May 29th, 2007, 9:04 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple Ques ....

I have an 02 Venture WB edition.. 1st off, is there a way to check the "check engine soon" light at home? I know Auto Zone will do it free, but I seem to never have time to run up there.
The coolant seems to have a teeny leak as it will start to almost run hot every few months and I have to fill up the reservior (sp?)...any tips??
Also, the horn just blows by itself sometimes!
It's funny but startles me everytime, has anyone else had that happen and if so, can it be fixed???
I'm sorry if these have been asked before, I did go through the forum and didn't see them though.
Thank You!!!
Old May 29th, 2007, 9:21 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Couple Ques ....

ORIGINAL: chevymomof5
The coolant seems to have a teeny leak as it will start to almost run hot every few months and I have to fill up the reservior (sp?)...any tips??
Check to be sure clamps are on tight or see if you need to replace hoses. Fairly inexpensive fix.
Old May 29th, 2007, 4:24 PM
CF Beginner

hi, this is angie i have had a coolant problem in the past. it was my head gasket leaking some where around the block? if you are looseing water do a pressure check while the van is running. to see where the water is comeing from. my vans water was starting to mix w/ oil when we found the problem this could have blown a gasket causeing my moter to blow. the coast to fix this was $500.00 this was a cheap price for the job. just make sure you find where the water is going this is a common problem for this van. caused from the antifreeze used.... CHANGE antifreeze!! hope this helps??
Old May 30th, 2007, 7:45 AM
CF Pro Member

ORIGINAL: chevymomof5

I have an 02 Venture WB edition.. 1st off, is there a way to check the "check engine soon" light at home? I know Auto Zone will do it free, but I seem to never have time to run up there.
Buy a code reader.
Old May 31st, 2007, 3:48 PM
CF Beginner

I'VE GOT AN '03 AND I JUST REPLACED THE UPPER INTAKE GASKETS. THEY WERE LEAKING ANTI-FREEZE.