Notices
2014 - 2018 (GMT-K2) Section for all discussion related to the 2014 - 2018 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

2014 Silverado Speaker Problems

Search this Thread

Old December 30th, 2016, 8:59 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Silverado Speaker Problems

I recently purchased a 2014 Silverado and the speakers on the driver's side aren't working. The passenger side are fine. I've also noticed that I don't hear any "alarm" sounds (i.e. Door ajar, turn signal, etc...). I've looked around a bit online but I can't seem to find a clear answer as to why this is happening. Any ideas?
Old December 31st, 2016, 7:15 AM
CF Monarch

Received 337 Likes on 318 Posts

Just to be sure, make sure that the setting on the radio is not set for the speakers to be full right. If that is the case then only the right speaker will work and nothing from the left speaker. All the alarm sounds you are missing come from the left speaker.
Old December 31st, 2016, 7:44 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oldchevy
Just to be sure, make sure that the setting on the radio is not set for the speakers to be full right. If that is the case then only the right speaker will work and nothing from the left speaker. All the alarm sounds you are missing come from the left speaker.
Thanks, oldchevy. I've tried it with the sound all to the left, all to the right,all front and all back. No dice.