Astro 1985-2005
Chevy's first entry into the minivan class, offered in All Wheel Drive to add to its versatility.
Platform: M-Body

00 Chevy Astro - Speedo don't work... HELP!

Search this Thread

Old July 15th, 2011, 9:16 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 00 Chevy Astro - Speedo don't work... HELP!

I have a 2000 Chev Astro 2WD. The speedometer and odometer do not work; speedometer and odometer used to work intermittently together, that is, if the speedometer registered any speed above 0MPH, the odometer would count miles. Now the speedometer and odometer are completely static; they don't move. Other posts I have read led me to believe the problem may be the instrument cluster which I have replaced. However, it didn't correct the problem, the same symptoms still exists.

Has anyone seen these symptoms and knows what the problem may be? Any insight or suggestions that I may try next are greatly appreciated.

ryan

*** on a separate note... I also have an 04 Tahoe which had a similar problem, however, it was much easier to fix... I simply had to replace the stepper motors in the instrument panel. Parts cost $50 and the whole replacement process took less than an hour... very easy repair. I'm am hoping the Safari fix will be as simple...
Old July 16th, 2011, 2:37 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Problem fixed... It was the VSS... Part cost $25 and I replaced the part under 15 minutes... cheap and easy repair...