Avalanche Chevy's first real SUT, combining the interior room of an SUV and the cargo ability of a pickup truck.

Chevrolet Avalanche
Platform: GMT 805 & 900
Old July 29th, 2015, 1:08 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Powertrain Guides
Print Wikipost

engine power is reduced, service stabilitrak and service traction control

Search this Thread

Old January 21st, 2016, 9:32 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same problem

I am having the same issue with my 2008 saturn outlook with only like 65,000 miles Service stabilitrak service traction control and the car is not running right. I had this a year ago with the reduced engine power. I was able to drive very slow to work and parked it. After a while i drove it around the parking lot and it was fine. Now it is happening again. I called the dealership and taking it in the morning to get looked at. I am worried that its going to cost big $$$$ to get fixed. It should be the throttle control issue but not sure i trust a good diagnosis after all that i read. Ive already had the transmisson done...water pump..power steering issues ..
Old January 26th, 2016, 8:26 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by db9091
I am having the same issue with my 2008 saturn outlook with only like 65,000 miles Service stabilitrak service traction control and the car is not running right. I had this a year ago with the reduced engine power. I was able to drive very slow to work and parked it. After a while i drove it around the parking lot and it was fine. Now it is happening again. I called the dealership and taking it in the morning to get looked at. I am worried that its going to cost big $$$$ to get fixed. It should be the throttle control issue but not sure i trust a good diagnosis after all that i read. Ive already had the transmisson done...water pump..power steering issues ..
Hello Db9091,

We understand how frustrating this may seem for you, and we apologize for the unexpected concerns with your vehicle. If you need any additional assistance, we would be happy to look into this more. Feel free to send us a private message along with your VIN, current mileage, contact information and preferred dealership.

We look forward to your response!

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old January 26th, 2016, 9:59 AM
CF Beginner

How do I send a private message to u??
Old January 26th, 2016, 7:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Read my post

How do I send a private message to u??
need help email me directly reddknight346@Gmail
Old February 8th, 2016, 7:31 PM
CF Beginner

Default http://chevroletforum.com/forum/avalanche-18/engine-power-reduced-service-stabilitrak

Amber

I am having the same issue I just started today I would like to know if GM is going to cover this issue I have a 2009 tahoe. I have searched the recall none available,
Old February 8th, 2016, 8:42 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Rcrespo1
Amber

I am having the same issue I just started today I would like to know if GM is going to cover this issue I have a 2009 tahoe. I have searched the recall none available,
My 2008 saturn outlook is in getting fixed now. First i was told it would cost nothing...than after a couple days they called and said the timing chains are stretched and it would cost $2500. There is 100% coverage for this problem for the 2007 &2009 model but not the 2008...which is the same replacement part but no one can give a logical answer for why not the 2008 model. GM helped and we are still paying $1400 for the repair. We also had it in for the service airbag recall which we brought it in to be fixed a couple weeks ago but the light is still coming on. They called today and said the problem is not part of the air bag recall either. They said they can fix the airbag for an additional $1100. So what started as a quote of 100% covered repair has turned into an estimate of $3600 for problems that GM is aware of. On a car with 67,000 i have had numerous major repairs. If GM cant stand behind their products and cover the repairs for problems that they are aware of..i will not be buying another GM product.
Old February 12th, 2016, 3:26 PM
CF Beginner

Red face P1516 Buick Enclave 08'

I am going through this right now..
I have a 2008 buick enclave with approx 115,000 miles..
I hand reduced engine power, rough idle and service stabilitrak track. I had a throttle body replace to no avail..it got better and then the problem came right back.....
How and where to we start for a class action lawsuit....
Sad part is I got a letter saying gmc will fix the issues but bc I has it done by my mechanic before I knew about the letter they won't help me......
Old February 12th, 2016, 11:31 PM
CF Veteran

if the covered repair was done by an other shop you can be reimbursed by GM
Old February 16th, 2016, 5:43 AM
CF Beginner

Angry issue with my 07 Saturn Outlook

Did they say there was a recall or a service bulletin regarding the 07 Saturn, because at this time, I am not getting anywhere and my car actually lost steering and shut down while driving with my kids in the car yesterday (2/15/16). This morning it started without issue then coming home it had the reduced power, stabilitrak and traction control come on 3 times just trying to make it back home on a car ride that is less then 5 minutes away from my home.

This is actually a safety risk now, if I would have been in an accident when this happened with my kids in the car, I would have called a lawyer right then and there. I have also filed a complaint with the ODI.NHTSA regarding this and I saw other complaints filed.

My 2008 saturn outlook is in getting fixed now. First i was told it would cost nothing...than after a couple days they called and said the timing chains are stretched and it would cost $2500. There is 100% coverage for this problem for the 2007 &2009 model but not the 2008...which is the same replacement part but no one can give a logical answer for why not the 2008 model. GM helped and we are still paying $1400 for the repair. We also had it in for the service airbag recall which we brought it in to be fixed a couple weeks ago but the light is still coming on. They called today and said the problem is not part of the air bag recall either. They said they can fix the airbag for an additional $1100. So what started as a quote of 100% covered repair has turned into an estimate of $3600 for problems that GM is aware of. On a car with 67,000 i have had numerous major repairs. If GM cant stand behind their products and cover the repairs for problems that they are aware of..i will not be buying another GM product.
Old February 17th, 2016, 4:42 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by mrhaddad7
I have a 07 Avalanche, after a whole day of driving through thick snow in 4wheel drive my truck is now giving the "reduced engine power, service stabilitrak, service traction control, and service 4wheel drive"... wont accelerate past 10mph... What should be my next step?
My truck does this when it's cold outside and now even dies on me while driving. Did you figure out what your problem was?

Quick Reply: engine power is reduced, service stabilitrak and service traction control