Avalanche Chevy's first real SUT, combining the interior room of an SUV and the cargo ability of a pickup truck.

Chevrolet Avalanche
Platform: GMT 805 & 900
Old July 29th, 2015, 1:08 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Powertrain Guides
Print Wikipost

engine power is reduced, service stabilitrak and service traction control

Search this Thread

Old February 18th, 2016, 10:23 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Barb Morehead Ahrman
Did they say there was a recall or a service bulletin regarding the 07 Saturn, because at this time, I am not getting anywhere and my car actually lost steering and shut down while driving with my kids in the car yesterday (2/15/16). This morning it started without issue then coming home it had the reduced power, stabilitrak and traction control come on 3 times just trying to make it back home on a car ride that is less then 5 minutes away from my home.

This is actually a safety risk now, if I would have been in an accident when this happened with my kids in the car, I would have called a lawyer right then and there. I have also filed a complaint with the ODI.NHTSA regarding this and I saw other complaints filed.
Hello Barb Morehead Ahrman,

I am sorry to hear that you’re experiencing vehicle concerns and apologize for any inconvenience caused. Please know that your family’s safety is top priority to GM.
Have you had this vehicle concern diagnosed by your local certified Chevrolet dealership? If not, I can definitely help with that. If you would like to proceed or have any questions I can assist with, please send a private message with your VIN, current mileage, and the name of your preferred dealership. I am always glad to be of assistance.

Cecil J.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old February 18th, 2016, 1:38 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just had same issue with my 2008 Tahoe. 116K miles and they saying i need a new cam and lifter to the tune of 6500!!!!! i am livid. Routine oil changes and not an everyday truck that i drive.
Old February 19th, 2016, 8:07 AM
Official GM Rep

Originally Posted by Diesel06
I just had same issue with my 2008 Tahoe. 116K miles and they saying i need a new cam and lifter to the tune of 6500!!!!! i am livid. Routine oil changes and not an everyday truck that i drive.
Hello Diesel06,

We certainly understand how upsetting out of pocket expenses can be, especially when it’s unexpected. If interested, we would be glad to contact the involved dealership for additional clarification and review this further. Our team is available via private message and would only need your VIN, mileage, contact information, and preferred dealership to move forward.

Kindly,

Jasmine
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old February 19th, 2016, 11:24 AM
CF Beginner

I am being told mine was linked to the Throttle body - it is "gunked" up with oil, since GM says you can wait 5,000 miles for an oil change it actually seems out and gunks it up.

they cleaned it - NOT warrantied!! and say this should stop the issue, I just picked up so I guess we shall see what happens.

I do know I am getting rid of this vehicle and will not buy another GM car as long I drive moving forward, they do not warranty their cars, and it seems if it should have been covered like this issue since there was a service bulletin for similar vehicles they push it off on the consumer.
Old February 22nd, 2016, 4:56 PM
CF Beginner

Default Same issue with my 2014 Chevrolet Camaro

I just got my car 2 months ago! This first instance happened last week on my way to work...35 miles from home, but I had only gone maybe 10 miles at the most. Once the traction lights came on & the power reduced message, I pulled off the highway. I turned the car off and sat for about 2 minutes then restarted and the traction lights went off but the check engine light stayed on. After parking my car all day at work (8 hours) I started it up again and the check engine light was still on. After I got to my daughter's school to pick her up I checked the gas cap to make sure it was tight...started the car and the light was off. So I thought everything was fine. ..until today. It was raining so I figured it was because of the rain but I could get NO power behind you drive. It would only go 15 mph and I was up to 3 rpms. It was scary to be on the highway like that. What is there to do? I mean I have only made 2 payments on this car...and it seems like a huge mistake! What do I do that won't break my pockets already?
Old March 7th, 2016, 9:15 PM
CF Beginner

Default I need assistance

Originally Posted by in2pro
Dc2002 Welcome to the forum, thanks for the helpful input
My 2007 Chevy Tahoe LTZ is having a similar issue to those who have said they see the Service Stabilitrak and Service Traction Control lights on their dash. I have those issues as well, but I also hear a clicking noise underneath the vehicle when I'm driving straight or making a turn. It sounds like something underneath is about to break. I'm frustrated at some of the responses I've been reading because there seems to be no single solution to this problem. I keep reading things like "it could be...", or "it might be...." and "it may be...."

I'm not a DIY guy so the videos on YouTube offer no help to me. I cringe at the thought of taking it to a dealership if they can't diagnose what the problem is, but I need to do something ASAP. I commute with children everyday and I'm afraid that something horrible could happen while we're in the car together.

Is my best course of action to take it to a GM dealer? Any advice would truly be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old March 9th, 2016, 5:15 PM
CF Beginner

Default Happened again!!

This has been happening to my 2011 Avalanche since 10K Miles and i have been to the dealership 3-4 times for the same problem, they have changed spark plugs, cables, rebooted the computer, and even called the factory for some warranty part which eased the problem for a while, but today at 31K miles it happened again... I am really sick of this problem.
When does the warranty expire? my Avalanche is almost 5 years now with only 31K miles on it...
Old March 9th, 2016, 8:12 PM
Official GM Rep

Originally Posted by Guillermo Lima
This has been happening to my 2011 Avalanche since 10K Miles and i have been to the dealership 3-4 times for the same problem, they have changed spark plugs, cables, rebooted the computer, and even called the factory for some warranty part which eased the problem for a while, but today at 31K miles it happened again... I am really sick of this problem.
When does the warranty expire? my Avalanche is almost 5 years now with only 31K miles on it...
Hey Guillermo Lima,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re experiencing concerns with your Avalanche and understand how frustrating this may be. As an extra layer of assistance, I can reach out to your dealer to inquire about your vehicle situation. If you would like to proceed, please send a private message with your full contact information, VIN, and the name of your dealership. Feel free to include any questions that you may have as I am always glad to help.

Cecil J.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old March 10th, 2016, 9:52 AM
CF Beginner

I just sent via private message the info requetsed for your kind help.

Regards,

GELIMA
Old March 10th, 2016, 10:27 AM
Official GM Rep

Originally Posted by Guillermo Lima
I just sent via private message the info requetsed for your kind help.

Regards,

GELIMA
Thank you, Gelima. We see your message and will respond to it at the earliest.

Jasmine
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quick Reply: engine power is reduced, service stabilitrak and service traction control