Avalanche Chevy's first real SUT, combining the interior room of an SUV and the cargo ability of a pickup truck.

Chevrolet Avalanche
Platform: GMT 805 & 900
Old July 29th, 2015, 1:08 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Powertrain Guides
Print Wikipost

engine power is reduced, service stabilitrak and service traction control

Search this Thread

Old June 18th, 2016, 10:50 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ethanol has a higher octane rating , so an engine's computer can pump in more air to create a bigger bang. Therefore, more power.
Old June 21st, 2016, 8:51 PM
CF Veteran

the ECMs aren't calibrated to make more power they're calibrated to operate at peak efficiency and/or as close to stoichiometric as possible. The fuel used has nothing to do with volumetric efficiency the only way more air would come in is with a bigger intake system. Just changing the octane rating doesn't mean you will gain HP.
Old June 21st, 2016, 9:32 PM
CF Beginner

I received a recall letter for my 2011 Impala on this condition a few months ago. But I had it fixed under warranty a few years ago, and since then have sold the car. Hope that answers your question.
Old June 21st, 2016, 9:34 PM
CF Beginner

In my case, it did. I've been operating machinery and driving vehicles of all kinds my whole life. Trust me, I can tell.
Old June 24th, 2016, 8:01 AM
CF Veteran

yea I've met a lot of people that have calibrated feet to measure HP....have a good day
Old June 24th, 2016, 12:58 PM
CF Beginner

actually, i have an engineering degree and have done laboratory quality assurance work for the last several years. not all calculations correspond to real world experience because of variables involved. you will learn that after 60 years also.
so don't question my judgement and quit being a smart-a$$, it isn't professional.
Old June 24th, 2016, 8:11 PM
CF Veteran

whos trying to be professional? ha, I'm here to help people on my own free will and time if I offend or upset somebody that's on them not me. Engineering degrees don't impress me because theres literally thousands of engineering issues I've had to fix over the years and will for many years to come. Not to mention books and tests are a completely different world, along with comparing designing and creating to diagnosing or repairing.
Old June 24th, 2016, 8:29 PM
CF Beginner

I believe that's what I just told you, books and tests don't always correlate to circumstances out in the field. That's when educated "guesses", judgement and a wealth of knowledge come into play. When you get older you will realize this.
Have a great day.
Old July 13th, 2016, 2:22 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2012 chevy malibu lt engine pwr reduced

I replace my battery only because I started having issues and 2 different times I was informed that I needed a new battery, after I got this message I call auto parts store and ask if they heard of this happening when battery goes bad and they informed me, yes alot with the newer cars. So I replaced my battery and have no issues now, cheap fix cause I was ready to take to the dealership.
Old July 14th, 2016, 12:50 AM
CF Beginner

If you are giving it a "cheap fix", maybe that is part of the problem. Buy a top of the line battery or you'll have more of the same problems you've had three times in three years. Just a suggestion!

Quick Reply: engine power is reduced, service stabilitrak and service traction control