Avalanche Chevy's first real SUT, combining the interior room of an SUV and the cargo ability of a pickup truck.

Chevrolet Avalanche
Platform: GMT 805 & 900

GM Certified Pre-Owned

Search this Thread

Old February 13th, 2015, 11:20 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GM Certified Pre-Owned

Hello AVY Fans-

I live in Ohio. I saw a 2011 LTZ White Diamond Chevrolet Avalanche advertised for sale in Pensacola Florida. It was advertised as a 'Certified Pre-Owned' vehicle. I put a $500 deposit on it and flew down there to buy it. The vehicle had 60,500mi on it and it looked and drove real nice.

The dealer was very accommodating. They had all of the paper work: the 172 point inspection, the one year bumper to bumper warranty, the maintenance warranty, road side assistance……. I paid the $30K plus and they put a 30 day tag on it and I then drove it a back to Ohio with no real issues along the way.

In Ohio it's pretty cold right now (0-25) - I went to open the passenger door for my wife and the chrome door handle came right off. Went around to the driver's door and let her in from the inside. I stuffed some foam into the door handle holes to try and keep the door dry.

This is when my warranty problems started - the warranty that "...provides benefits that will give you the confidence to ensure that your purchase and ownership experience will be worry-free." and "No Worries" was not there. I took my truck to two local dealers - each said I have no warranty. I've called GM customer care so many times now that I'm just about to cave. Many of the customer reps I spoke with did not even know about the 'Certified Program'. I've gotten these replies so many times from the 'help center': 'is it an extended warranty?', 'your warranty has expired', 'did you talk to the dealer?', 'we have no record of this.', 'call the dealer', 'we'll get back with you', 'what does the warranty cover?', 'we'll schedule an appointment in Florida for you.' (I live in Ohio) . . . The Florida dealer said they've put my info in the 'system' but I still have no warranty - they said it could take some time.

Any suggestions out there?

Any help would be genuinely appreciated. I had a brand new 2002 AVY and was sad when I sold it - but this is really something else .

Thanks,
Bill
Hartville, Ohio
Old February 14th, 2015, 11:17 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Auto Warranty: Two Warranties | GM Certified Pre-Owned
Old February 15th, 2015, 8:39 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Mr Sledge,

Thanks for reading my post. I have visited the GM site before just to make sure I wasn't going crazy. I felt good about spending that kind of money on an older truck. because of the two warranties. Now I am not so sure. I feel like I've been hoodwinked and don't know where to turn now?

Thanks again for your time.

Bill
Hartville, OHio
Old February 15th, 2015, 2:03 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

"The Florida dealer said they've put my info in the 'system' but I still have no warranty - they said it could take some time."

How long has it been?