Beretta, Corsica, & pre-1995 Lumina Among this grouping, these three cars, while being similar to each other, offered something for everyone, from a sports coupe to a roomy sedan.
Platform: L-Body

Replacing the radiator on a 1996 2.2L Corsica. Some help please.

Search this Thread

Old June 26th, 2016, 6:52 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing the radiator on a 1996 2.2L Corsica. Some help please.

I am replacing the radiator on my wife's 2.2L Corsica.

I got the radiator out and have the new one waiting to go in.

However, I am not quite certain what the following items are - the information comes from 1996 L Platform GMP/96-L-1 Book 1 of 2 for the Corsica/Beretta (shop manual):

Page 6B-16, Radiator Remove or Disconnect,

• Step 3, "Air intake duct assembly". What is it? I believe it is that part that is integral with the battery holder, which if removed makes it a whole lot easier to remove the radiator - but I do not know that for certain. Is there any place in the shop manual that identifies that item - hopefully with a picture.

• Step 9. "Splash guard below lower radiator hose". What is it and why do I need to remove it?

There is a gray rubber molded strip that came off from somewhere. Where does it go and what is it?

I can send a picture of it.

Also, the air conditioner (A/C) condenser is bent in an asymetrical curve from side to side. I don't that that is normal. My inclination is to replace it.

Thanks for your help.

wnlewis
Old June 28th, 2016, 7:31 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Photos of the rubber strip

Here are three photos of the rubber strip that came out when I was removing the radiator. It was on the ground when I first saw it. I did not see where it attached. wnlewis
Attached Images