Camaro This classic Pony Car, the Camaro left the lineup in 2002 and was thought to be gone forever, but is made its long-awaited return in the 2010 model year with a 300 HP V6 and a 426 HP V8 SS

2016 Camaro
Platform: F-Body & Zeta.

2014 camaro AC failed...

Search this Thread

Old September 22nd, 2016, 3:13 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

You need a voltmeter. I don't have the electrical schematic, so I can't direct you from here without just "guessing" about the system. I am not sure if the system has a low pressure switch or not. You really need to check for voltage or not to the compressor in order to trouble shoot it. Test light at Harbour frieght is ok instead of a voltmeter.If you have power at the connector, then it's the clutch, if not it's electrical (that's my suspect). There will be a relay for the ac under the hood, I'd swap that with horn relay (example), see if that does it. There is a reason you don't "hotwire" things, this stopped after that? If so, you may get lucky with it being just an electrical issue.
Old November 15th, 2016, 4:46 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HF sells a $ 10 Volt Ohm Meter that will work for this .

Unplug the cable that goes to the A/C compressor clutch . With the A/C turned on , bery carefully check to see if you have 12 VDC at that cable / connector .

BEWARE of rotating parts and the serpentine belt .

God bless
Wyr