Cavalier Starting in the 1980s. the Cavalier made a name for itself by offering an affordable 2 and 4 door compact.
Platform: J-body

2003 Cavalier Car Stereo wiring question

Search this Thread

Old November 19th, 2012, 12:35 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Cavalier Car Stereo wiring question

I recently bought a 03 Chevy Cavalier 2 door couple from a used car dealer. I noticed the radio didn't work but for the price it was well worth the money. Today I tried to check out the radio. The car was a trade in.

I suspect the previous owner must have had a nice radio in it. Before trading the vehicle in he pulled the radio out and cut all the wires. He then put another radio in it but it doesn't work due to the cut wies. The factory connector looks to be intact but the part that runs from the factory adapter to the radio is cut. I don't want to splice wires together with wire nuts.

I've looked a couple places with no luck. Can someone recommend a kit that I can use to hook the radio up. I don't know much about car stereos either. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Shane
Old December 6th, 2012, 1:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your best bet is to try to find a factory plug for the stereo and see if youcan rewire the plug like it was before he cut it. If you cant all you can do is splice the wires together for it to work. Its not that hard to splice them together. You can get online and find what wires go where so you can either rewire the plug or splice them together.