Sonic (Aveo) The subcompact known globally as the Aveo since 2002 is now the SONIC in North America as of the 2012 model

Chevrolet Sonic
GM Platform: T200, T250, T300

Car stereo question.....

Search this Thread

Old February 28th, 2007, 4:20 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car stereo question.....

Ok, here's the story. My wife has dreamed of buying a Honda Odyssey. to make a long story short, we are getting one on thursday. It's an '03 but still came with a cassette player.. why they didn't come standard with cd players i dunno. anyway, i had installed an aftermarket stereo into my '04 aveo. I still have the factory stereo, and was wondering if it would possible to install it into the odyssey? i understand that i would need a wiring harness, and possibly a mounting kit. so i was wondering if anyone has put a stock stereo into another vehicle?

thanks
Shnail
Old February 28th, 2007, 1:05 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Car stereo question.....

It would work, but you're better off buying an aftermarket. You'll need a factory pig tail for your radio and then you can either cut off the Honda's factory harness or buy a plug in harness to universal colors (this will make it so you need only 1 wiring diagram). Once you get them spliced together, you'll have to see if you need to make a custom bracket to hold the radio. Hopefully it's the same size as the Honda factory one too.