Cavalier Starting in the 1980s. the Cavalier made a name for itself by offering an affordable 2 and 4 door compact.
Platform: J-body

2004 Cavalier T-stat Location....

Search this Thread

Old January 6th, 2014, 10:43 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2004 Cavalier T-stat Location....

Hello everyone, I am in need of a little help. where is the thermostat housing located on the 2004 cavalier w/auto trans? I cannot find a good diagram that shows the location. Just that it is on the backside of the engine. also all the changing instruction I have found include taking the exhaust manifold off. This is not something I want to do if I can change it without removing the manifold. As you know the exhaust manifold bolts tend to get rusted. If I should happen to break one off I am screwed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Pictures would also be a big help. Thanks.
Old January 6th, 2014, 1:08 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by beninpa79
Hello everyone, I am in need of a little help. where is the thermostat housing located on the 2004 cavalier w/auto trans? I cannot find a good diagram that shows the location. Just that it is on the backside of the engine. also all the changing instruction I have found include taking the exhaust manifold off. This is not something I want to do if I can change it without removing the manifold. As you know the exhaust manifold bolts tend to get rusted. If I should happen to break one off I am screwed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Pictures would also be a big help. Thanks.
Sounds like you've answered your own question.