Cavalier Starting in the 1980s. the Cavalier made a name for itself by offering an affordable 2 and 4 door compact.
Platform: J-body

Repair knowledge needed! Is the price right?

Search this Thread

Old August 26th, 2015, 7:27 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Repair knowledge needed! Is the price right?

Hey guys. I hope you're all doing great. I just got back from my mechanic a few days ago and he said my oil was leaking (even though he had told me this months ago before and that this needed to be fixed immediately, I have been going on for a lot more time, also each time I check, there is always oil; so I'm not really understanding the gravity of my leak). Now the repair is approx. ~$600 and its basically just to seal it up. I've been thinking about going to Pep Boys to see what they have to say because $600 is a lot for me right now. What do you guys thing? I'm going to give you an image of the list my mechanic wants to do with my car (with prices and all):

https://i.imgur.com/VwqqYOM.jpg

Feedback/opinions are much appreciated, thank you!

Edit: I have information now that this is really more about the transmission oil. Should I take it to a person that deals with transmissions? The thing is that my mechanic and I have a good relationship and I have no reason to believe he would over-charge me. Either way. What's your take guys & gals?

Last edited by Roque; August 31st, 2015 at 11:08 AM.