Cobalt This sporty compact was faced with the difficult job of replacing the popular Cavalier, but whether the base model, or the supercharged SS is chosen, is has made for a great replacement.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out CobaltSS.net

Car locks going wild (2005 Chevy Cobalt)

Search this Thread

Old May 22nd, 2023, 12:57 AM
cee
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car locks going wild (2005 Chevy Cobalt)

Hey everyone!

I'm new here and just looking for a little help with my 2005 Chevy Cobalt LT.

So the problem is that my car's locks will start to lock and unlock rapidly without any warning. Every half second or so the car will unlock and relock all the door locks, and while it's having these fits I can't rev the engine at all. Once it starts it will not stop until I let the car rest for a while, so it becomes undriveable.

I've been invistigating it myself, but I'm not much of a car person and haven't been able to figure out exactly what's the problem. That being said, I'll mention a few discoveries I've made that may help out:

-I took out the door lock fuse and although that stopped the doors from repeatedly locking, but the car still behaved the same as when the fuse was in and was still undriveable.

-Each time the doors lock there is a quiet click coming from somewhere near the gear shifter.

​​​​​​-After being left alone for a day (maybe more maybe less) the car operates fine for 20-40 minutes. Once the clicking starts though it does not stop.

-While having these fits, the car will beep at me whenever I try to use the right or left blinker.

If anyone has any idea what this is it would be really greatly appreciated
​​​​​

Old May 22nd, 2023, 4:17 AM
Super Moderator

Received 612 Likes on 553 Posts

probably broken wires in the door harness. Right where it bends back and forth.