Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2005 automatic locks

Search this Thread

Old October 15th, 2013, 6:35 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 automatic locks

after i put my car in park it unlocks and when i put it in drive the doors lock. after i get out of the car shut the door the lock on their own...driving down the road it u can hear it lock and lock again..and when i hit the lock button manually on the door it doesnt work? n e ideas?
Old October 15th, 2013, 7:33 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

What you describe seems like normal operation to me.

Normally, after you get out and lock the doors using the switch on the door (with the car turned off and key removed from ignition), the first time you press the lock button the doors will not lock until until all the doors are shut and five seconds has passed. If you press the lock button on the door a second time you will hear three chimes and the doors will lock immediately after the last door is shut.

Unless the doors keep trying to lock repeatedly while driving down the road or the locks don't lock at all under the conditions described in the previous paragraph, everthing is working fine. The doors should automatically lock when the shifter is removed from Park and also when the vehicle speed exceeds 3 MPH.