Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

Hot air from the center console by drivers legs

Search this Thread

Old April 8th, 2014, 10:19 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hot air from the center console by drivers legs

In my 2011 Cruze i have very hot air entering the drivers leg area. If the AC is on then the vents will blow cold air, but super heated air is still coming from down below in this location. If the AC is on low then only small amounts of hot air come out of this spot, but if the AC is on high then as well as large amounts of cold air coming out of the vents, large amounts of hot air come from this spot. It seems to be coming from the center console area right under the dash to the right of the steering column down by my right knee. I pulled the panel off of the console by my right knee to expose the area in question and reveal a metal box with too metal tubes going into it. The tubes are very very hot and so is the metal box. What is this box? The hot air appears to be coming from the very top of the box where there seems to be a little gap/space along the top of it. The box seems to be kind of loose and i can see how to remove it from its current location. If i push up on it so this gap is smaller then the hot air flow seems to reduce somewhat. What is casuing this? Is the heat coming from that metal box? Is it coming from some other component close by? It is a very uncomfortable issue and it is starting to heat up enough outside to make a difference again.

This car has been in the shop for lots of problems, the worst being an antifreeze leak that caused a total rebuild of the cooling system. I feel like they probably didnt put something back together right at that time since they told me they had to remove the dash. They are very little help in my chevy dealership/shop. I have lost faith in them and hope to correct this myself. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails Hot air from the center console by drivers legs-imag0057.jpg   Hot air from the center console by drivers legs-imag0060.jpg   Hot air from the center console by drivers legs-imag0058.jpg  
Old July 27th, 2015, 12:30 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you ever resolve this issue I'm having the same problem with my 2014 really hot air blowing on my right leg

Sorry for posting on such a old post just the only one i have found with the same problem and thank you in advance