Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2011 Equinox rear door won't open

Search this Thread

Old October 17th, 2016, 4:53 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2011 Equinox rear door won't open

the rear door on the drivers side won't open from insideYou can see the lock go up and down just like it should and you can turn on and off the child locks, the amber light goes on and off just like it should but that door doesn't work. Last night I locked and unlocked a bunch of times and it was working, then today it's back to the locked state. Confusing.
Old October 18th, 2016, 12:38 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default more confusing

so I went out this morning and spent more time figuring out these rear doors. On the drivers side if the car is running and the child lock is off, you lock the doors on the dash control, then pull once on the rear inside door handle, that will unlock the door and then pull the handle a second time and it opens. But the passengers side door works differently. you have to have the car running push the child lock dash button, have the amber light come on, then push it again, the amber light goes off then open the passengers side rear door. I don't think it was working that way a few days ago, the car hasn't been in a car wash, but the outside temperature has dropped in the last week, oh and the outside door handles work just as they should . I have seen ground faults that do screwy things to electronic circuits , and a new ground strap can correct it, but is there a grounding buss on this car?
Old April 2nd, 2021, 5:49 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The same thing is happening to me what did you do to fix it please?

the same thing is happening to me what did u do to fix it?

Originally Posted by srp204
the rear door on the drivers side won't open from insideYou can see the lock go up and down just like it should and you can turn on and off the child locks, the amber light goes on and off just like it should but that door doesn't work. Last night I locked and unlocked a bunch of times and it was working, then today it's back to the locked state. Confusing.