Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Equinox keyless entry and remote start problems!Help

Search this Thread

Old October 10th, 2009, 1:14 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Equinox keyless entry and remote start problems!Help

My keyless entry and remote start worked fine. i took the car to get an oil change and car wash. immediatly after that the remote start and keyles entry stopped working. I changed the battery and resynchronised and nothing. I found that as soon as i unlocked the car with the key and pulled the door open that it then worked fine until about twenty or so seconds after the car is shut off it stops working again. you can lock and unlock the car all day as long as a door is open or running or for about twenty five seconds after you turn off car and shut doors . then it just stops working until you open car with key again. So weird and one time it worked fine but it was raining out. has anyone had this problem and or know what to do to fix it?
Old October 10th, 2009, 7:29 PM
CF Beginner

I'd take back to the dealer and have it fixed under warrantee
Old November 8th, 2009, 2:02 AM
CF Junior Member

Id take it back in!
Old October 25th, 2010, 5:20 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by joeysmerkz14
My keyless entry and remote start worked fine. i took the car to get an oil change and car wash. immediatly after that the remote start and keyles entry stopped working. I changed the battery and resynchronised and nothing. I found that as soon as i unlocked the car with the key and pulled the door open that it then worked fine until about twenty or so seconds after the car is shut off it stops working again. you can lock and unlock the car all day as long as a door is open or running or for about twenty five seconds after you turn off car and shut doors . then it just stops working until you open car with key again. So weird and one time it worked fine but it was raining out. has anyone had this problem and or know what to do to fix it?
I have a 2010 I bought in January and I'm having similar issues. I noticed your post was in 2009 but was wondering if it was ever fixed. I've been to the dealership 3 times already. Now they have told me that it needs a software update that could take a week or months to develop. In the meantime, I'm stuck setting my alarm off to unlock the doors with the key about 90% of the time.
Old November 23rd, 2010, 1:24 PM
CF Beginner

So, jamie317, did you get an answer to your problem with the remote to your 2010 Equinox. I am haveing the same type problem with my 2007, and would love some answers.
Old November 24th, 2010, 8:46 AM
CF Beginner

Thumbs up

I have a 2007 Equinox and my keyless entry stopped working. I took it into our dealer and they informed me that it was a recall and they reprogrammed it for free. Works like a charm no problems. This happened 08/2010.
Old November 29th, 2010, 8:32 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the info. TamalaLee!
Old August 6th, 2014, 6:50 PM
CF Beginner

Having same trouble. Problem turned out to be remote receiver module in drivers door for replacement. Since then it has worked properly after 3 trips to the dealer
Old April 17th, 2021, 7:17 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Solved keyless entry problem with fobs for 2016 Equinox

Reply: Found spraying wd 40 in the ignition switch. Solved my problem. There is a little flap that sticks in the switch telling the bcu that the keys are still in the switch.

Originally Posted by joeysmerkz14
The following users liked this post:
Rick1234 (March 3rd, 2022)