Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Equinox Traction Control Problems

Search this Thread

Old April 1st, 2014, 4:13 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hello ozz68 and Buddy_s27,

I'm sorry to hear that you both are experiencing this problem with your vehicles. Please feel free to reach out to us if you need any extra assistance. We are just a private message away!

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care
What can I do to get this fixed
Old April 1st, 2014, 5:49 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hey Buddy,

Unfortunately, I am not a technician and cannot offer technical advice. We rely on our dealerships for our technical expertise. If you would like, I can contact your dealership on your behalf and research this for you. Please send a private message with your full contact information, VIN, current mileage, and dealership name if I can be of any assistance. Thank you.

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old July 17th, 2014, 4:59 PM
CF Beginner

Default EGR, service traction control & all wheel drive off

After doing some research, had the problem solved for about a month changing the EGR AC Delvo valve, for 75 bucks.
A couple of hours ago, the "service trantion control" and a new "all Wheel drive off" came on, all of a sudden, just getting strated at morning.
What else can be wrong...? The engine sounds and runs quite normal, but this lights are driving me crazy...!
Any suggestions?
I have my Chevy in Costa Rica, and our dealer here is not even able of finding a damaged spark plug cable...!!

Hoping to get any good advice, besides selling the car, I would be thankfull to here ideas or any similar story that can guide me through this troubleshooting!, of which I´m pretty tired!!!
Old February 2nd, 2015, 9:55 AM
CF Beginner

Since the Storm yesterday my wife's Equinox is having the same issues.
Also last fall when she would stop occasionally the engine would rev up when stopping so she REALLY had to press on the brakes to STOP the car.
Our dealer said they couldn't find anything wrong with the car.
It was also a dealer DEMO.
Is there a number to call for the District office for additional help before she has an accident?
Thanks
Old June 1st, 2015, 7:44 AM
CF Beginner

Thumbs down I regret buying an equinox

I have a 2008 equinox 3.6L AWD that's having the same issue, I took it to a local shop to replace one of the hub bearing as it was extremely loud and now the ABS light and the Traction Control lights are ON, Every time I turn the car on I get the messages about the ABS and the Traction Control.
Also my speedometer is acting crazy since the day I bought it, whenever I plan on bringing it to the dealer it'll start working with no issues, now that my warranty is over it gets stuck at 44-45 mph all the times and Also my temperature Gage is not working.
I regret buying this car, I'm having nothing but problems with it.
If someone knows whats causing the ABS and traction Control problem, please help me.
Thanks,
Old June 16th, 2015, 12:58 PM
CF Beginner

I am having the same issues and might never buy another Chevrolet. The dealer refuses to help me.
Old July 21st, 2015, 6:50 PM
CF Beginner

Unhappy Warranty JUSt ran out..And now the trouble starts!!

I have a 2010 , purchased new from Dealer..I only have 50700 miles on it..The 1st day the warranty was done the car was making lots of noise when started, took to the Dealer..$500 and 3 days latter my Manifold had cracked!!
So driving home from that repair a light came on that looked like car skidding, I figured it was because it was raining very hard..Had not driven it again until today..that ligh came on, ABS light on and another light said no 4 wheel drive on..WTF!! I Loved this car up to now!! It also sounded growling and was jerking when I first start the caar..then that stops but lights stay on!!
Old March 17th, 2016, 2:28 PM
CF Beginner

Default Same issue

Intermittent stabilitrack failure only happens when the humidity is high and the temperature is low.Has anyone found the fix yet?
Old March 18th, 2016, 2:37 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Kensh1D
Intermittent stabilitrack failure only happens when the humidity is high and the temperature is low.Has anyone found the fix yet?
Hello Kensh1D,

We certainly understand how frustrating intermittent vehicle concerns can be. Are you planning on making your servicing dealership aware? If so, we'd be more than happy to contact them on your behalf and review this further. We're available via private message and would only need your VIN, preferred dealership, mileage, contact information to move forward.

Thanks!

Jasmine
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old March 19th, 2016, 9:05 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kensh1D
If you also get an 'ABS' light it could be the ABS sensors and their connectors need cleaning. There is a way to cold check them - I really don't recall, but think they should be above several hundred ohms. As you clean them, compare readings with an ohm/multi-meter and fix/replace any low resistance ones.

Quick Reply: Equinox Traction Control Problems