Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

1995 G30 Van turn signal

Search this Thread

Old April 14th, 2013, 12:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 G30 Van turn signal

Greets All,

I have spent the last two fruitless days searching for the turn signal relay for my G30 Van. Four different dealers gave me four different answers for it's location and none of them were right. Can anyone give me a definite location for the relay, or some way of finding it.

I would greatly appreciate it.

Ian
Old April 15th, 2013, 1:30 AM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Pretty sure the flasher module in the fuse panel under the left side of the dash by the emergency brake. I don't think that model has a relay under the hood.

There should be a separate flasher for the 4 way (hazards) and one for the turn signals.....
Put on your hazards and listen for the sound of it clicking......then above it should be the turn signal one.
Old April 18th, 2013, 12:58 AM
CF Beginner

Hi,

I checked there today with no luck. I can see the hazard flasher on the fuse block, there are two of them, but there's no turn relay. I've checked with four dealers and received four different answers and am seriously running our of choices.

You are right though, there doesn't appear to be any relays under the hood. I'm heading to another dealer tomorrow morning and hopefully I can see a schematic.

Thanks for you help,

Ian
Old April 18th, 2013, 9:55 AM
CF Veteran

Okay. I'm a bit confused.
The second module in the fuse block you saw is the turn signal one. Try swapping them. Your turn signals should work and the hazards won't.
Unless there is a different problem.
What happens when you put on your turn signal? No light at all, or there is light, but no flashing?
Old April 19th, 2013, 1:32 PM
CF Beginner

There is no light at all when I when I put the signal on, either on the dash or the signal lights. I pulled what is labeled in chilton's as the flasher relay today and I'll replace it tomorrow morning. Thank you,

Ian
Old April 22nd, 2013, 5:33 PM
CF Beginner

Default same problem

I HAVE SAME PROBLEM .The online hlep is totally worthless.
My G30 does not have any relays/flashers on the fuse panel at all. (Left side of steering column.) I found one flasher on seperate wires hanging way up left of the fuse panel and almost too hard to remove. I replaced the flasher but nothing happened. Four ways either.

My van is an old SWAT vehicle and I do not know what they have done. it looks good but i do not have a clue whats what. can you post some pics??? i know its hard to get pic's in that area
Old April 23rd, 2013, 12:20 AM
CF Veteran

You old swat van may have modifications after market for the wig wags and police flashers. You may have to do some searching to see how yours is configured.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 4:27 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by canucklehead
You old swat van may have modifications after market for the wig wags and police flashers. You may have to do some searching to see how yours is configured.
i never thought about the wig wags. I will see if i can find one. I did get the 4 ways to work. I do not mean to bust in on the original poster. but maybe we can help each other find the problem.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 11:53 AM
CF Beginner

Hey no problem at all with adding to this post. If this helps you too then great. For me, thank you canuklehead, I changed out the round relay on the bottom right side of the fuse panel and the turn signal works again! The relay I got from Napa was the wrong one and I spent so much time looking for something that didn't exist. For me Domrep, I have a van body but a small school bus frame. There is a separate wiring harness for the bus lights. I'd guess you would have to find the one they re-wired. If you do find a relay panel maybe this video will help
Good luck, I know how frustrating this is.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 9:14 PM
CF Beginner

video did not work for me... the fuse box i have does not have the v shaped coonections that i can see. the panel is factory,,

Quick Reply: 1995 G30 Van turn signal