Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

2015 Express - Remote Keyless Entry

Search this Thread

Old February 15th, 2015, 6:12 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The OP stated that he had considered an aftermarket and hadn't ruled it out, but was hoping to find OEM.

Best of luck to you both in your search.
Old October 17th, 2019, 6:32 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Selectric
Here is a little update. With the help of member Tech2, I located the door lock receiver. It is in fact the part number that includes the keyless entry. The problem now is that this must be programmed via MDI. Upon further research I found that I may need to contact Tech Services to get a VCI.

This may pose a little difficult as Tech Services may not talk with me because I am not a GM service center. The next problem is, if they issue a VCI to me my research states that there could be a time limit on how long the download is available on TIS2WEB. There is potential $50.00 charge for the VCI, which I am willing to pay for. The problem is I need access to a MDI.

This is the one of the things that irritate me. I took the van to a different dealer last week and explained my situation. The service rep said that they would look into it. Well no surprise they told me that it could not be done as the vehicle was not equipped with the parts. The SR said that there was no receiver in the van. BS, I told the SR that I know for a fact that the receiver was in the van and it just needed to be programmed. They just blew me off and said if they could do it they would, but they can't because there are no parts available. When I looked at the print out from the tech it stated that the VIN for this vehicle does not include RKE. Again, the dealer DID NOT connect the MDI to check, they DID NOT call Tech Services to see about a VCI, they just looked up the VIN. Typical lazyness.

People keep asking me why not just go aftermarket and you can get remote start? Well, first, I just want RKE I do not need all the bells and whistles. Second, I do not like the idea of some "professional" moron hacking up my wiring harness when the vehicle is capable of doing what I need. Third, I did look into aftermarket and if I went that route I WOULD want all the bells and whistles at that point. Problem is that "professional" moron and the immobilizer bypass, for the system I was looking at, is not available for a 2015 Express as of yet.

Who is this GM customer service person that hangs around here that you speak of? I would like to talk to them.
Originally Posted by dberladyn
It's not that you are rude per say, but the Original Poster is looking for the answer to FACTORY options as am I. By posting what you are posting, you are basically closing the thread and leaving both of our wants muted. If I thought I'd be happy with aftermarket I'd have bought it the first time it was brought up. I know I won't be, just my nature.

So if anyone has any real information as to adding the FACTORY features I'd be happy to learn it. Until I have time to ask a few dealerships I'll be watching this thread, thank you.
I'm a little late to the game and I apologize if you two have already found the remedy. My TPMS/RKE runs through the same module located under the dash just above and behind the gauge cluster. The only way to have OEM aftermarket remotes work for the RKE is to have them programmed by the dealer or locksmith.