Chevrolet Express Transmission Cable advice - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back   Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums > Current Chevy Trucks, SUV's, Crossovers & Vans > Express & G-Series Vans

Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-18-2010, 08:26 PM
CF Beginner
Default Chevrolet Express Transmission Cable advice

Hi I have just bought a 1997 2500 express 4.2 engine. I would like to know the method of adjusting the cable to the selector on the transmission. My van goes through all the gears apart from 1st gear. I played around with the cable underneath and it went in 1st gear. I noticed there was a little play in the cable, and was wondering how to get rid of the play. Thanks in advance