Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

G20 Van need help

Search this Thread

Old May 3rd, 2013, 1:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default G20 Van need help

Hi, like I said in the introducing page I own a 1994 Chevy Van G20 hightop Starcraft and now I need to do some repair and I need help for order right parts otherwise if wrongs I can't resend back to the US. I order parts from Rockauto, they have good prices and are fast.
Like all sellers they have many parts listed but for some parts there are options not only with Brands but also with measures. For example if I go in 1994 Chevy Van G20 > Brakes shoe I find the following measures: 11-5/32 x 2-3/4" or 11.16 x 2.75'' or 11.15 X 2.75 and with others there aren't any measures.

Which are right ones? I hope someone can help me.

Thanks!

P.S. I started with this questions but I have others...
Old May 3rd, 2013, 3:56 PM
CF Junior Member

They are all the same size. Converting all to decimals, the first in decimal is 11.15625 x 2.75, the second is 11.16 x 2.75 and the third is 11.15 x 2.75. They are all the same width and the variation in diameter is less than 1/100 of an inch.
Old May 4th, 2013, 12:42 AM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Brake shoes are like 47 bucks at Lordco....why bother to order them online. Take off the shoes on one side, and take them in to match em up on the counter if you are not sure of the part #.
When I had my 95 g20. I used the jasper shoes from canadian tire and had no issues at all.
Old May 5th, 2013, 5:14 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by DougE
They are all the same size. Converting all to decimals, the first in decimal is 11.15625 x 2.75, the second is 11.16 x 2.75 and the third is 11.15 x 2.75. They are all the same width and the variation in diameter is less than 1/100 of an inch.
Thanks DougE, in fact the difference is almost unexisting and I realize that I had done little attention because it is not in metric measures.

Well, now my question is about Timing set. Some are single chain and some double roller chain. Which is the right one? I don't understand why they put on list two chane types for the same engine in the same year then someone for someone descrption say.L05 Engine; 40 in./.41 in. Tooth Width; and other L05 Engine; .275 in./.285 in. Tooth Width.
Here the measure change too much and I really don't understand...

Originally Posted by canucklehead
why bother to order them online.
Canucklehead, here US Vans are not common and you don't find parts behind the corner. Who own them are true lovers.
Old May 5th, 2013, 8:26 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry sir. My bad. I did not notice your location when I posted.
If you have not yet figured it out, you could email gm for a part number then use that number to get an aftermarket part. If that helps.
Old May 6th, 2013, 2:37 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by canucklehead
Sorry sir. My bad. I did not notice your location when I posted.
If you have not yet figured it out, you could email gm for a part number then use that number to get an aftermarket part. If that helps.
Oh thanks, no problems! By the way do you know where is better to write for get info? I prefer an address of GM in the USA.
Old May 6th, 2013, 10:00 AM
CF Junior Member

Try looking around on this site: GM Parts at GM Parts East | Genuine OEM GM Parts
Old May 6th, 2013, 11:08 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mandrake
Hi, like I said in the introducing page I own a 1994 Chevy Van G20 hightop Starcraft and now I need to do some repair and I need help for order right parts otherwise if wrongs I can't resend back to the US. I order parts from Rockauto, they have good prices and are fast.
Like all sellers they have many parts listed but for some parts there are options not only with Brands but also with measures. For example if I go in 1994 Chevy Van G20 > Brakes shoe I find the following measures: 11-5/32 x 2-3/4" or 11.16 x 2.75'' or 11.15 X 2.75 and with others there aren't any measures.

Which are right ones? I hope someone can help me.

Thanks!

P.S. I started with this questions but I have others...

Just call your local auto shop any one can tell you the right size for you and then you can just go pick them up lifetime warranty and all you do is bring in your old pads each time after your first payment. You have to put into play wear and tear on them too so they are not going to be the right size.
Old May 7th, 2013, 2:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You could take off one drum and measure the inner diameter of the drum and the width og the brake bands.
If you go to gmpartsgiant.com you can find info on parts by submitting the VIN number.
AC Delco's site does also have a similar function.
ACDelco Parts
Old May 9th, 2013, 3:31 PM
CF Beginner

Thans for all replies! For who tell me to go in a local auto shop they must know I am in Italy and america vans here are rare...
I checked on gmstores on the web but they don'tt supply all parts. They don't have shoes.

I want change the time chain but for do it the harmonic balancer must be disassembled. Do you think it will be better change it? My van has now almost 140.000 miles.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: G20 Van need help