Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

G30 w/ 350 Dieseling & Seafoam/MCCC/BG44K?

Search this Thread

Old April 20th, 2013, 5:51 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G30 w/ 350 Dieseling & Seafoam/MCCC/BG44K?

I've got a dieseling issue with my '85 G30 and am not sure the best way to treat the problem. This is a 350 and it's also an RV. My guess is that the fuel has been in the tank since it was set up for the winter (I just bought this earlier in the week), and that it's a problem with the fuel. This is also a California car - the previous owner was a mechanical engineer and when we went to get this smogged he mentioned something about having to adjust something either on the intake or exhaust system that has to do with the air mixture, which also makes me suspect carbon buildup in the engine.

So, I'm thinking a top off with the highest grade fuel I can get locally, as well as a cleaning with either Seafoam, Mopar Combustion Chamber Cleaner or BG 44k (I think the last is an option, never heard of it before just read about it reading through a lot of forum posts).

Is there a case for any of these being better than the others? Also, I'm not 100% on how to use any of these products. From what I've read/seen it looks like you would pour these straight into the carb and also in the fuel tank itself. There's also some mention of adding directly into vacuum lines and/or fuel lines, but I'm not sure that's applicable for my engine. Is this the best way to go? Are there other treatments I should be considering?