Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Heater Core Replacement

Search this Thread

Old August 23rd, 2015, 8:33 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heater Core Replacement

G30 Sport Van with the 5.7L. Leaking heater core. How hard. Any hints or help. Live in Northern Mn so cannot bypass
Old August 23rd, 2015, 12:52 PM
CF Active Member

Well you want to change it yourself?
I hope this steps can help.
How To Replace a Heater Core
Old August 23rd, 2015, 6:23 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

A Haynes repair manual has some more specific steps. While the dash is out, its time to upgrade the dash speakers or any gauge lights that need doing. Also check for loose clips and screws etc......you won't be going back in there again for a while....lol.

Old August 24th, 2015, 11:25 AM
CF Beginner

Default heater core update

Thanks for the reply's. The You Tube not much help, as this dash has no glove box. The way the video showed I should have it out in a matter of minutes. Think they left out a few steps. Decided to do this myself, as I am retired and have some knowledge in the repair field. Besides the lowest quote was around $1300 which I am sure is not out of line with the amount of labor involved. I got it out after removing the entire dash and all the the other stuff. Not a lot of room. Waiting on a replacement core. As long as was under there, I looked at the control that directs A/C and heat to different locations. As of now the air flow only goes to the defrost no matter what position the slider **** is on. I think is might be some type of vacuum problem. Looks like I am missing some hose or plugs on the vacuum control. Does anybody know where there is a diagram of this vacuum control.
Hope I can remember where all the screws go. Can not believe they would use so many different sizes for the same purpose
Thanks
Old August 24th, 2015, 5:04 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah, I know, I tried to find you better vids but they all sucked....
Glad you got it apart though....
Old August 24th, 2015, 6:32 PM
CF Beginner

Getting ready to install. Took a few trips and different parts store to find the right core. With so many screws and steps sure hope I remember everything. Did take a few pics sure hoped that helps. Once again thanks One thing if anybody needs some advice on this, will be more than willing to pitch in

Last edited by kit141a; August 24th, 2015 at 6:34 PM. Reason: text added