S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

heater core replacement

Search this Thread

Old October 16th, 2006, 11:37 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default heater core replacement

Hi everyone, I am trying to help a friend replace a heater core on a 1999 s10 blazer (hope I am in the right place/forum). Can anyone tell me what all is involved in replacing the heater core. From what it looks like the way to get to it is by removing the dash plate removing the radio and heater/ac controls and it should be right behind them?? or is there a easier way to get at it? The owner does not have a chiltons or haynes manual and does not want to purchase on since she will be replacing the vehicle early next year. I am just trying to help her out by replacing the heater core to get her by for the next few months. Sorry about the long post just trying to get you as much info as possible. Can anyone help me/her out??

Old October 17th, 2006, 10:04 AM
CF Senior Member

Default RE: heater core replacement

sounds about right sorry there is no easy way to do those things. long time with your head under the dash is about the only way. hope that helps.
Old October 17th, 2006, 10:48 AM
CF Junior Member

Nomad, does it sound like I am going at it the right way? Do you know if I am going to have to pull out more than the radio and a/c controls to get it out? I am trying to get as much info as possible before starting this project so I dont end up with any suprises.[]
Old October 18th, 2006, 12:19 PM
CF Senior Member

its been a while since iv had to do obe so i dont remeber the exact steps. try going online to find the manual and look there to give you a more step by step on how to do it easyer. i know that you have to take the glove box out and the center consol but othe rthen that i dont remember the whole thing. sorry i cant be of more help.
Old October 18th, 2006, 3:19 PM
CF Junior Member

Nomad, thanks allot. I have tried searching online and cant find anywhere that gives and step by step instructions etc. the heater hoses go thru the firewall almost dead center of the vehicle thats why I was hopeing it would not be too bad of a job. but if you remember having to remove the glove box that throws a whole new turn into the job! There is not allot of room in the front seat to begin with and having to remove 100's of items to do a job.............